"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
Everymom

Going MIA

This thread is intended for letting folks know when you're going to be away for a bit. Not a few hours, but more in the range of a few days or weeks (or longer). Just drop a note here so that we can stop worrying.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
Master Chef

This is a great idea, Alix!!

I'll be in a plane over the Pacific at dinnertime tonight. My older son arrived in Honolulu yesterday with his bride-to be and their four teenagers. Steve and I are bringing my younger son and his wife as a surprise for the beach wedding tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see the look on Joey's face when he sees his only brother will be there after all. Can you tell I'm excited??
See you in a week........happy cooking.

Aloha.....

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Have a wonderful time Kayelle! Aloha!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Lovely, Kay! Aloha!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
Head Chef

Sorry I hadn't been in much lately and I may not be in much the next few days or so. My mom is in the hospital with pneumonia and congestive heart failure. Looks like the state of care in the hospital has gone to hell, so i have to be at the hospital most of the time. Hopefully she will regain her strength and be able to go home soon. I'll be back a postin' soon!! :)
Old 12-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
Certified Cake Maniac

Nikki, thanks for letting us know.

I know all about caring for a parent and I commend you for staying with her. You really need to be on your toes making sure our elderly loved ones get the right care.

Write when you can and know I am sending love and prayers for both of you. {{{{{{{{{{Nikki and her Mom}}}}}}}}}}

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
Sorry I hadn't been in much lately and I may not be in much the next few days or so. My mom is in the hospital with pneumonia and congestive heart failure. Looks like the state of care in the hospital has gone to hell, so i have to be at the hospital most of the time. Hopefully she will regain her strength and be able to go home soon. I'll be back a postin' soon!! :)
I've missed your posts, nikki. I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom's troubles and I hope her health improves soon. Keep those nurses in line!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #8
Certified Cake Maniac

My appearances maybe sparse from now through to Friday. I have shopping and an Ladies' Night Out today, then have out of town trips tomorrow and Thursday so will probably sleep in Friday.

Tomorrow is a breathing test to determine why my asthma is stuck in chronic mode and Thursday is my long awaited appointment to assess whether I am a suitable candidate for the Chronic Pain Clinic 2 month day program. This is something I really need to keep me on the right track to managing my chronic pain and being able to live a close to normal as possible life!

I just didn't want anyone worrying I have left again.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
My appearances maybe sparse from now through to Friday. I have shopping and an Ladies' Night Out today, then have out of town trips tomorrow and Thursday so will probably sleep in Friday.

Tomorrow is a breathing test to determine why my asthma is stuck in chronic mode and Thursday is my long awaited appointment to assess whether I am a suitable candidate for the Chronic Pain Clinic 2 month day program. This is something I really need to keep me on the right track to managing my chronic pain and being able to live a close to normal as possible life!

Well, good luck at your Pain Clinic appontment! I hope it works out just as you desire!

Enjoy your sleep-in! I love being able to turn over and just go back to sleep on some mornings!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #10
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks for letting us know. I hope all goes well and that you had fun with your ladies' night!

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote