"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
Head Chef

Going out to dinner again, Be prepared for another dining experience thread tonight

Well, a few months ago we went out for chinese, and the infamous soy chicken thread was born as a result, causing DC members to be at each others throats. Then there was the Rude waitress experience last weekend, which caused not as heated of a discussion, but ruffled a few feathers as we all voiced our opinions. So, today I decided to try a different approach. We are going out again Italian this time. Definitely No soy or vegetarian products will be served. Definitely a sit down restaurant ( not take out). Definitely during peak hours ( 7:30pm on a saturday). Reservations already made, and confirmed . So, will there be a problem ?? or will it be uneventful ???

Any tips on avoiding another 'thread-starting ' experience ???

Ill tell you what will probably be an issue. Since we are vegetarians, usually our meals are significantly less in price than the others ( family members). Also, they drink ( alcohol) a lot, and we dont drink at all. I bet they try to do the good old " oh, lets just split the bill evenly" as if we were stupid enough not to realize that theirs were 2x ours ( gotta love family) . Anyway, Ill let u guys know how it goes.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Chief Eating Officer

Good luck Larry. We are all pulling for you. At least it is not Chinese food this time

Old 08-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_stewart View Post
Well, a few months ago we went out for chinese, and the infamous soy chicken thread was born as a result, causing DC members to be at each others throats. Then there was the Rude waitress experience last weekend, which caused not as heated of a discussion, but ruffled a few feathers as we all voiced our opinions. So, today I decided to try a different approach. We are going out again Italian this time. Definitely No soy or vegetarian products will be served. Definitely a sit down restaurant ( not take out). Definitely during peak hours ( 7:30pm on a saturday). Reservations already made, and confirmed . So, will there be a problem ?? or will it be uneventful ???

Ill tell you what will probably be an issue. Since we are vegetarians, usually our meals are significantly less in price than the others ( family members). Also, they drink ( alcohol) a lot, and we dont drink at all. I bet they try to do the good old " oh, lets just split the bill evenly" as if we were stupid enough not to realize that theirs were 2x ours ( gotta love family) . Anyway, Ill let u guys know how it goes.
OH, the reservations will be lost, they will seat you in the worst place, you will have a hard time finding your waitress, and you don't wanna know what they are doing to your food in the kitchen because it had meat in it and you sent it back....

Sorry, couldn't resist, sometimes we just gotta laugh at ourselves. Failing that laughing at someone else is an acceptable substitute!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
Head Chef

Im laughing already , at my own expense I just found out that it will be separate bills ( my wife took care of that already ahead of time ( her family...))
Old 08-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
Master Chef

There's a keeper! Now you don't have to worry about paying for some of their food!
Old 08-09-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
...Any tips on avoiding another 'thread-starting ' experience ???...

Whatever you do, don't turn on your computer.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
Head Chef

I may need to bring my computer and keep in tune with DC, so u guys can coach me through dinner. OR, better yet, I can turn on my cam so u can share the experience with me
Old 08-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Whatever you do, don't turn on your computer.
You have some of the funniest quip's!
Old 08-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS

Wait a minimum of 72 hours....It'll be alright.... I promise!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:

HURRY...I CAN"T WAIT! This is bound to make some great reading!