"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
Master Chef

Going out to eat

I have not eaten out in years, except last year , after a funeral. A girlfriend wants to take me out for breakfast or lunch , undecided yet , but she is picking me up at 10:30 .
Personally I rather stay home and cook my own meals, I guess I've turned into a fuddy duddy. She and I have been friends for 19 yrs. We don't go out together much since she works but she has vacation this week and wanted to take me out. We get together once a week to pray together.
I have no idea where we are going to eat. I only hope that my stomach does not act up , I have IBS and it gets to be a problem at times, one of the reasons I rather eat at home.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
Head Chef

Remember, this is not about the food. It's about the friendship, the relationship you share. Just order something simple, eggs or something. Enjoy the company, and her gesture of friendship.

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

LC,
this is just the thing for you. You have a friend, enjoy being with her. Food, sure you could make a much better breakfast or lunch, but like Wayogal said it's not about the food. I love breakfast OUT and I found a place that serves the most mouth watering crepes, light fluffy, a slight hint of lemon and then served with strawberry freezer jam..I don't have them often but when I do ahhh. Try a lovely omelet stuffed with bacon or ham and cheese,just treasure the moment with your friend..Even a dry piece of toast will be wonderful if your talking and laughting together.Enjoy LC
kades
Old 07-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
Master Chef

The food is secondary. Enjoy the company and the atmosphere.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
Master Chef

Back ....
We went to Perkins. The food was so-so . I did enjoy being with my friend. We came back and prayed together then it started storming out and she wanted to get home.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
Head Chef

I'm glad you had an enjoyable time. Food there is always so-so (IMHO), but I enjoy going because it's with my husband and we sit and talk. And somebody else cooks and cleans up!

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
I'm glad you had an enjoyable time. Food there is always so-so (IMHO), but I enjoy going because it's with my husband and we sit and talk. And somebody else cooks and cleans up!
It was nice being waited on for a change.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
It was nice being waited on for a change.
Right and you deserve that LC
kadesma
Old 08-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
Senior Cook

We have a couple of places we enjoy eating, Annapurna, all vegetarian, Cafe Trang, really great Vietnamese with some raw offerings and The Flying Star, all American menu. It is nice to have someone cater to me, I don't do this very often so really appreciate it when it happens.

Alfred E. Newman
JoZee is offline   Reply With Quote