Going to the store for a sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, all the time. :D I go in for something on sale or 'just a couple of things'. My weakness is the produce department - everything always looks so good and then I'm stuck with tons of perishables to use up quickly. :rolleyes:

You know those products you can buy that keep perishables fresh? They all come in some plastic ball that you insert packets into. Why can't they make packets that absorb gasses and offer up those inexpensive packets by themselves? If they did, we could just toss one those packets into a Ziplock bag of perishables. Whatever those packet of granules are made of, why not make that product inexpensive and available so that you just toss a packet of it into your zip locked bag of perishables?

Those granules must be expensive to produce or something.

Last edited:
You know those products you can buy that keep perishables fresh? They all come in some plastic ball that you insert packets into. Why can't they make packets that absorb gasses that keeps food from spoiling, and offer up inexpensive packets by themselves? If they did, we could just toss one those packets into a Ziplock bag of perishables. Whatever that packet of granules is made of, why not make that product so inexpensive that you just toss a packet of it into your zip locked bag of perishables?

Those granules must be expensive to produce or something.

They sell the packets in bulk on Amazon.

There are times my gallon jug of milk costs me at least $50. Danged expensive milk. :glare:

If I have a list I generally stick with it...
Same here, unless Himself is along. I can always count on at least $10 extra in the cart if he's with me. Since he doesn't like going to the store, my budget is pretty safe.

Just yesterday the Sous Chef...came home with $189 in groceries, but ended up only paying $100 after all the savings. That man is a wiz in the grocery store!!
I wish I had someone like Sous Chef to shop for me...

They sell the packets in bulk on Amazon.

They're kind of pricey, but ya, I could move the packet from bag to bag.

I bet we'll see some kind of consumer nitrogen storage system before long. A blast of nitrogen to keep your vegetables fresh. Manufacturers blast nitrogen into bags of vegetables, both fresh and frozen to maintain freshness, why not sell such a system to common folk? I'll need about $350,000 startup money. Who's on board? Who's with me!

Last edited:
To make sure not to overspend I have to bring my oldest daughter with me. She always makes me write the list and then she doesn't allowed to deviate from it. She's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom