Going to the store for a sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinisajoy

Senior Cook
Have you ever done this?
Our local store has sweet potatoes 5 lbs for a dollar. Thought I would go get some.
Figured on spending a couple of dollars.
Oh no, they had most of the produce on sale and their meats.
Spent over $100 but did get at least 2 weeks worth of meat.

Have you ever done this?
Our local store has sweet potatoes 5 lbs for a dollar. Thought I would go get some.

:ROFLMAO:..........never......:angel:

:LOL: Happens to me every time I go to Costco, just for paper products. I come out several hundred dollars lighter.

Just yesterday the Sous Chef wanted to go to the store to pick up a prime rib for a great price. The only requirement was to buy $50 of other groceries. ha ha
He came home with $189 in groceries, but ended up only paying $100 after all the savings. That man is a wiz in the grocery store!!

Have you ever done this?
Happens almost every time I go to the market...

Just yesterday the Sous Chef wanted to go to the store to pick up a prime rib for a great price. The only requirement was to buy $50 of other groceries. ha ha
He came home with $189 in groceries, but ended up only paying $100 after all the savings. That man is a wiz in the grocery store!!

K, can SC come with me next time to give me more tips on saving money?

If I have a list I generally stick with it......it's those trips where you only need a few things that get you in trouble.

That's why we don't have a BJ's (similar to Costco) membership anymore. We don't have a Costco membership, either; the closest one is a fair distance away. When we go to the grocery store, we use the Our Groceries app and usually stick to the list.

Von's

I normally shop at Von's, and they have a thing called "Just for you" for unadvertised specials.All you have to do is sign up and the deals are e-mailed to you.
Right now they have another promotion of mix and match any 4 or more items and get $1 off on each item.
Stocked up on Swanson's chicken broth at 56 c each and Wishbone salad dressings at 99c each.
The original price of the rib eye roast was over $66, but with the coupon and my Von's card it was $27

I normally shop at Von's, and they have a thing called "Just for you" for unadvertised specials.All you have to do is sign up and the deals are e-mailed to you.
Right now they have another promotion of mix and match any 4 or more items and get $1 off on each item.
Stocked up on Swanson's chicken broth at 56 c each and Wishbone salad dressings at 99c each.
The original price of the rib eye roast was over $66, but with the coupon and my Von's card it was $27

WOW, that's HUGE SC!!
Von's, Safeway here, right?

That happens to me all the time. I work in a grocery store so I have a pretty good idea of prices for most of the things that I normally buy. If I stop by a grocery store to pick up a quick something, I'll do a lap looking for deals. Once I was in Kroger during the holiday season, they had Land O Lakes butter for $1.99 per pound if you bought 10. Guess who walked out with 10 pounds of butter...

HELP!
I went to the Safeway website, signed up for "Jus4U" is that it?
There's no rib roast there on sale, ARGH!
I had my mouth set on a rib roast for Christmas!
Supermarket sales are regional. Von's Los Angeles area online ad for this week is currently running rib roasts on sale.

Wait a minute. You went to Safeway?

Last edited:
Buy One Get One Free roasts that still look nice and fresh. It makes buying usually un-affordable premium $11.99 lb. roasts too good to pass up. I came into the store only to buy a few items I needed, lol.

Last edited:
Yep, all the time. :D I go in for something on sale or 'just a couple of things'. My weakness is the produce department - everything always looks so good and then I'm stuck with tons of perishables to use up quickly. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom