"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 10-31-2006, 11:35 AM   #11
Master Chef
Yes, for someone determined. But there are people out there who give in to moments of despondency that we all have. I have acquaintances who have children (adults) who have tried and failed and lived to tell the tale. Successful lives; miserable lives; and in one case he finally accomplished his goal. Sad. When I say acquaintances, some are people I've known, but I worked in military personnel for years and some were cases. I honestly felt like I wanted to go out and shoot a couple of people myself: Those who don't care who finds them, and thier young children find them. Can you imagine that?

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:59 AM   #12
Executive Chef
Regular Occurrance

For this to be regular occurrance of someone using it as a matter of ending their life seems to be people using it for purpose of showing the world they weren't really of value. This is so wrong. We all would be lined up if we didn't know that we have to accept some things and know we can't change them, no matter how hard we try.

I just don't understand not putting up some kind of deterrant to this practice. Having so many take their lives should be a cruel sign to change it. Forget about the appearance of it. People do put values in wrong place that is for sure. Maybe Arnold would be interested in my opinion. Seems like level headed guy at times. My opinion

In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:02 PM   #13
Sous Chef
"Maybe Arnold would be interested in my opinion. Seems like level headed guy at times. "

Jean, step back, take a breath and go to another post... :) :) :)
cjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:45 PM   #14
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Originally Posted by cjs
One of the most fantastic views is to walk the bridge - especially on a fog-free beautiful S.F. day!!!

IMO, if folks are determined to take their lives, a fence will not stop them...they'll just go somewhere else.
Jean, I was thinking the same thing.

and the fact that some folks do use the bridge to facilitate their demise does not diminish its beauty.

Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote