"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-11-2007, 10:03 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Im so sorry for your loss.I feel it!It's so frustrating and hard to know what to to with our babiesl As I love my creatures so much and it's always so hard to know what to do when they get so sick.I think all you can do is give your last one alot of love and attention and talk to her or him about what happened and try to let your pet know you are there.I believe our pets understand alot more of what we say say to them then we we think.
Again Im so sorry.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:11 PM   #12
DC Grandma

PytnPlace said it all. I couldn't have said it better.
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #13
Master Chef

Awe ITK... I am deeply sorry and I am giving you a hug now as I type this. I know how hard this had to be and I know what you went through. We had a dog with epilepsy and we had to medicate him daily. Watching him have seizures was not the easiest thing to do and when we finally had him put down, it was heart wrenching and a relief at the same time knowing that he would never have to suffer another seizure. All that time we were medicating him with phenobarb and each day he became more dispondent. So I know what you mean about taking on animals with health issues.

But ITK.. that is what we do... we would never dream of abandoning are little furbabies just because they get sick. They are there for us when we are sick and love us and give us happyness just by their acceptance. I would have your remaining dog checked, better to know up front then be surprised by it all because of major health issue. I admire the fact that you cared for you dog so deeply that you did what you did to take care of them.

As far as neighbors and their dogs, if they are not caring for them appropriately, yes, I will stick my nose in... I really don't care what they think. And if they don't do what is right, I will call someone who will make sure that they will. The neighbors can hate me all they want to, I just want to make sure those doggies are getting the care that they deserve.

Many prayers are coming your way, take heart and know you provided the very best for your companion. :)
Old 05-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #14
Head Chef

itk - i'm very sad to hear of your loss. you are a good "mom" to your furry kids. a huge hug is coming your way from me!

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:14 PM   #15
Master Chef

ITK, I'm sorry to read about your loss... but you should never doubt the time you spent with her.. you gave her the best you could do - a live, but when it's time to go it was right to help her...
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:17 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Routine

It is the routine of giving the injections that is always reminder of her. I knew the time and had to be here no matter what. I just can't get over her acceptance of the shots. She hardly ever seemed to refuse, like she knew it was important. Only seldom did she try to back out of it. Thank you all for your interest. You all would have liked her too.