Good luck tomorrow - all you infected pc users

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
As you may have heard, the gov't has removed the server safety net to prevent loss of internet connectivity due to a nasty virus which messes with DNS. Monday July 9th is when that year long safety net will be taken down. The safety net was not renewed for another year.

There are numerous sites you can visit to check the status of your pc as it relates to this virus. My pc is clean of it, according to that site.

Some say it might be much to do about nothing, just like Y2K.

lol...format C: !!!

it really is due to ancient aliens! it is 2012, afterall.

lol, where's no mayo when i need him?

As you may have heard, the gov't has removed the server safety net to prevent loss of internet connectivity due to a nasty virus which messes with DNS. Monday July 9th is when that year long safety net will be taken down. The safety net was not renewed for another year.

There are numerous sites you can visit to check the status of your pc as it relates to this virus. My pc is clean of it, according to that site.

Some say it might be much to do about nothing, just like Y2K.

lol...format C: !!!
Y2K wasn't much to do about nothing. People went to great lengths to correct things on their computers and in software before the problem was going to start. They would have had the problems if they hadn't done the work.

BTW, people died due to the Y2K problem.

This FBI page has links to pages that will check if you are infected. Not 100% guarantee though. https://forms.fbi.gov/check-to-see-if-your-computer-is-using-rogue-DNS

I dont care as the Mayans predict the end of the World on the 23 Dec, I have cancelled my flu jab and reduced the sprouts to a low simmer.

you know, the mayan guy who was writing that calendar in some dark room in the middle of one of those mayan pyramids in the yucatan got fed up and looked outside one day, saw no one around, and said screw it, i'm done. so he went home. so they cut out his heart.

it's not the end. just the results of a work stoppage.

Jeez there you go again with the sexist remarks, how do you know it was not a Mayan gal who hit menopause?:)

it wasn't a monthly calendar thst still had hope or predicted occasional bouts of really hot weather...

Last edited:
it wasn't a monthly calendar thst still had hope or predicted occasional bouts of really hot weather...
Maybe so mate but I think I will leave the sprouts on simmer and wear a face mask.

NB I have just finished making my kitchen version of the Large Haddock Collider (LHC) I have named it the Small Haddock Collider (SHC) in case of copyright.

I dont care as the Mayans predict the end of the World on the 23 Dec, I have cancelled my flu jab and reduced the sprouts to a low simmer.
Actually it is Dec. 21st, and the prediction is nothing more than rollover of their major count (sort of like our own millenniums). It's a sort of Mayan Y2K.

Note that Dec. 21st is the solstice.

My husband did something with the computer on Thursday night to save us from whatever it was! We must be safe because I'm still here! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom