Good Morning Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning everyone. Mom's not feeling too well this morning. Took her probiotic with antibiotics yesterday am and was sick in.her tummy all night at work last night and threw up twice after she got home this am. She's not working tonight and is already in bed. I'm waiting for call from dr.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app
She seems to be going through a lot. Is she eating anything?

She had some crackers and chicken broth with her antibiotic and that with a piece of cheese when she took her medicines before bed.

The only time you will hear me moan and groan is when Ireally don't feel good. I never get fever sick. I get other things that usually happen due to my own stubbornness or stupidity. After all I know everything and you can't tell me different. :wacko: Just ask PF. I finally got her message through my brain. In fact PF, the first thing I did this morning was to take my paid meds.

This time I am really sick. This cold is hanging on and won't let go. So yesterday the NP put me on antibiotics and Mucinex to get the phlegm up. I had a slight fever of 99ºF. For me, 97.6 is normal.

Yes PF, I took them both this morning. And I am feeling much better. :angel:

Good Girl! Lots of liquids and rest...I mean it. I'm not above using the rubber mallet to get you some rest.:angel:

Addie, glad you're feeling better. The doctor took mom off of both the antibiotic and probiotic until she has her blood work done Tuesday. And her boss told her to take off tonight as well as her 2 regular days off so she can get rested and her strength back up. I think yesterday was a combination of the antibiotics being too strong and her not really being ready for work after the UTI.

Addie, glad you're feeling better. The doctor took mom off of both the antibiotic and probiotic until she has her blood work done Tuesday. And her boss told her to take off tonight as well as her 2 regular days off so she can get rested and her strength back up. I think yesterday was a combination of the antibiotics being too strong and her not really being ready for work after the UTI.

Ask the doctor for another UA to make sure the UTI is gone, otherwise it's just backed down and ready to go again. Is her back pain gone and is her temperature normal?

Ask the doctor for another UA to make sure the UTI is gone, otherwise it's just backed down and ready to go again. Is her back pain gone and is her temperature normal?

Back pain not nearly as bad - she also has arthritis. No temp. I'm mainly worried about her not keeping anything down and sleeping so much. She even asked me not to go for my walk a little while ago. I don't know what else to do.

Back pain not nearly as bad - she also has arthritis. No temp. I'm mainly worried about her not keeping anything down and sleeping so much. She even asked me not to go for my walk a little while ago. I don't know what else to do.

Let her sleep and make sure she eats, try broth soups and clear liquids. We just do not bounce back like we used to and it's particularly hard on older folks.

Let her sleep and make sure she eats, try broth soups and clear liquids. We just do not bounce back like we used to and it's particularly hard on older folks.

You're right PF. I've got some Sprite Zero and some chicken broth ready whenever she wants it. She's tired of water. I made some chicken salad for me and I'm going to get some rice in the AM when I go get our Sunday paper that has coupons in it and make some chicken rice soup for lunch. I just had to remember not to get the red jello because if it goes through her quickly she and I both might panic.

For older folks, each day they spend in the hospital, it can take them 7 days to recover their strength, that means if she spent 3 days in the hospital, it could take 21 days to get back to her regular self. I do not know how old your Mom is, but she does need that recovery time.

For older folks, each day they spend in the hospital, it can take them 7 days to recover their strength, that means if she spent 3 days in the hospital, it could take 21 days to get back to her regular self. I do not know how old your Mom is, but she does need that recovery time.

Ain't that the truth. Hospitals are not run for the comfort of the patient. They are run for the convenience of the staff and according to doctor's orders.

When I had my abdominal surgery the doctor came in on day four or five. Ask me how I was doing. I broke down into tears and told him I was exhausted. I begged him to give the order that the next time I was sleeping, let me sleep until I woke up. The next time I woke up, the nurse came in and told me I had been sleeping for 10 hours straight. :angel:

We're waiting for Stirling's brother to show up. We are going to see the Fabergé exhibit in town with brother and M-I-L.

Good morning, all. Up and ready bright and early (for me, haha) for a day trip to my daughter and son-in-laws cabin up in Kennedy Meadows. Fishing, boating, a little hiking, probably some grillin', and just generally getting out of the heat here for a day. YAY! :cool: :w00t::clap: See y'all later, have a good day!

I know this is late but update on mom - the UTI is back with a vengeance, she's dehydrated, and her electrolytes are out of whack. She's going to be in the hospital for a few days so she can get her strength built back up.

Back
Top Bottom