Good Morning Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning, all. JoAnn, that sounds like a lovely day!

I am going to surprise TB with some french toast and bacon for breakfast and then I plan to "childproof" the house. We will go get one of the kids for a sleepover this afternoon. We plan to do this every weekend.

Whoo! My morning/day was too busy to check in. The kiddos at work are making me earn my pay this week. CRAZY! Good to see everyone is having fun around here. JoAnn, hope you find some fun books, LP - french toast and bacon? MMMMM!!!

Whoo! My morning/day was too busy to check in. The kiddos at work are making me earn my pay this week. CRAZY! Good to see everyone is having fun around here. JoAnn, hope you find some fun books, LP - french toast and bacon? MMMMM!!!

I got a mystery book and 5 cookbooks. One is called Kids Cooking and the other one is called Clueless in the Kitchen for teens, I will give those to the grandkids and the other 3 are - Taste Of Home HOLIDAY AND CELEBRATIONS COOKBOOKS the years of 2002,2003 AND 2004. They were only $1 each. They are like brand new, its like they had never been opened.

Great finds JoAnn! What mystery book did you get? My cookbooks are all pretty battered and worn looking. You can tell the best recipes by where the pages are all gross and splattered.

I am supposed to be on my days off, but I am attending a conference on DBT today. I'm looking forward to it, but I would rather lounge about on my deck enjoying the last of the fall sunshine and heat. Oh well.

Great finds JoAnn! What mystery book did you get? My cookbooks are all pretty battered and worn looking. You can tell the best recipes by where the pages are all gross and splattered.

I am supposed to be on my days off, but I am attending a conference on DBT today. I'm looking forward to it, but I would rather lounge about on my deck enjoying the last of the fall sunshine and heat. Oh well.

Good morning, the mystery book is, THE SUSPICIONS OF MR. WHICHER. A shocking murder and undoing of a Great Victorian Detective, by Kate Summerscale. It says on the back cover that "it is not just a dark, vicious true-crime story, it is the story of the birth of forensic science." It's a fascinating look at Victorian life, death and detection.

Good Morning everyone! I was awake and up all night. Fell asleep somewhere around six this morning. Just woke up. 12:22 p.m. Better late than never.

I am going to be jumping in the shower and then I am going to do something I haven't done in years. I have let my hair grow long again. I usually get it cut in a very short pixie cut. Really close to my scalp. Wash and wear. Now it is down to my shoulders. So I found my box of curlers and am going to set it.

I have had these curlers since the sixties. We'll see how this goes. Gee, I just had a thought. These curlers are older than Poo. And he is 41 y.o.

The tip of my finger has finally healed. It is still a little sensitive. But I can type with it, so it can't be that bad.

What a way to start the day. There was a huge fire in Lawrence last night. A four alarm. Two young boys couldn't make it out.

Today they have started to tear down the House of Horrors out in the middle of the state. Neighbor tells shocking story of entering Blackstone house of horrors - Metro - The Boston Globe

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/...er-3-infants-bodies-found-in-blackstone-home/

I can't even type a word of the house. You will have to read it for yourself. I am so glad that home is being torn down as well as all the residents of Blackstone.

Well, off to start my day. :angel:

Last edited:
Rough night, late morning...doing fine now.

One of the benefits of living alone; if you have a rough night, you can get up and do housework or other little ditty. That is if you are retired.

But I am glad to hear you are doing better now. And tomorrow is you yearly big day. In case I forget, Happy Birthday! :angel:

Rough night, late morning...doing fine now.

Sums things up for me too. Then I got woken up by both Monkey and Violet wanting to be fed. You see I always feed them when TB is making our breakfast (smoothies, mine with protein powder) and he was "trying" to let me sleep in at bit. He should know better than to throw off their schedule. :LOL:

My Keurig coffee/tea order should come today. With free delivery it is cheaper for me to order from back east and we have the full variety where as our stores only carry what they think are the popular ones.

Morning all! My first day off this week. I've been at work and educational stuff for 7 days in a row. Whew. I'm ready to hang out at home for a bit. Got a fair bit to catch up on around here. I'm not going to be in a big hurry to get going though. I need me some jammie time with coffee in hand.

Well, right now my morning didn't start out too well, so good afternoon. Here's hoping for a better tomorrow morning. :angel: But I did get the phone number of my meds delivery guy. Nice feller. Now I won't have to call the pharmacy. :angel:

Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday!

Finally, we are going to relief from the extreme heat and temperatures will be in the 60's all week. That definitely makes for a Happy Monday.

What are your plans for the week? I hope to get more work done outside, trimming and keeping up with the leaves that are starting to fall.

The colors are magnificent, love this time of year.

Good Morning!!!

We are supposed to close on the house today...haven't heard anything, yet. Better get a shower and get dressed for instant action.

Other than work, I don't have many plans. Yard work, I suppose.

Good Morning. Today I get this mop on top of my head cut off down to my scalp. I hate having my hair long. This time it is down to my shoulders. The last time it got that long was in the 90's. It takes a lot to get me excited. But today is one day I will be dancing in the streets. I will have a short Pixie cut. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom