"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #251
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Good morning, afternoon or whatever the moment calls for. Went to Winthrop and got good news. I do not have pneumonia. I started to get worried last night when the phlegm turned green. I am not one to dwell on my latest aches or pains. My attitude is usually, "yeah, yeah, yeah, leave me alone. Bit deal, so I coughed." But I know what the color green means. And it is usually not good.

I didn't go for physical therapy though. My muscles are so achy that I doubt I would have lasted 30 seconds trying.

As soon as I walked in the door, they had a mask waiting for me. I didn't want to spread this dang cold to anyone else. So I asked for them to have one ready for me when I arrived. Good heavens, you face gets so hot wearing one of those paper ones. I couldn't get out of there fast enough so I could take it off.

I am having a slow day today. I just ache all over, so I am going to rest.
Addie I sure hope you get some rest and are feeling better.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #252
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Addie I sure hope you get some rest and are feeling better.
I managed to get a half hour nap in. Just enough so I can still get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:29 AM   #253
Head Chef

Question

Quote:
I managed to get a half hour nap in. Just enough so I can still get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight.
I feel at a slight disadvantage being a newcomer here, since I don't know the history of your illness and can't work out what it is from recent posts. Is it diagnosed?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:31 AM   #254
Head Chef

Thumbs up

Good morning to those who are up this time...probably those in UK!

I noticed that sending photos here is often used, to show what you have cooked. I don't have a mobile phone (which has a camera) so I got a
compact digital camera yesterday. Since I try out recipes all the time (or adapt/create dishes from what I have at the time), I hope to be sharing
some of my dishes with you soon.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:14 AM   #255
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
I feel at a slight disadvantage being a newcomer here, since I don't know the history of your illness and can't work out what it is from recent posts. Is it diagnosed?
My main concern is heart/diabetes. They go hand in hand. But being 75 y.o. it is mostly moaning and groaning about getting old. Just all the arse aches along with creaks of the bones. Getting old is very hard work.

Eight years ago, the doctors wanted to amputate my right leg. I had an ulcer at the bottom and you could see the shin bone along with the innards. I finally found a doctor that was willing to try to save my leg with a skin graft. Problem solved.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:19 AM   #256
Chef Extraordinaire

Good morning, I think, everyone. Last night in Lowell there was a major massive fire. It was a very large apartment building that is just rubble today. Seven people died in the fire, three of them children. They were tossing kids out the windows. Fortunately there were folks to catch them. I am sick to my stomach. I had to turn off the news. It was mostly Cambodian families that lived in the building.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:15 AM   #257
Head Chef

Thumbs up

Quote:
My main concern is heart/diabetes. They go hand in hand. But being 75 y.o. it is mostly moaning and groaning about getting old. Just all the arse aches along with creaks of the bones. Getting old is very hard work.

Eight years ago, the doctors wanted to amputate my right leg. I had an ulcer at the bottom and you could see the shin bone along with the innards. I finally found a doctor that was willing to try to save my leg with a skin graft. Problem solved.
Ah...thanks for explaining. Yes, I am 64 so very familiar with the scenario of the ageing body. I have high blood pressure but then I am overweight and reluctant to cut back on my food! (I used to cycle up until an accident that has left me too nervous. I occasionally do stretch exercises).

Glad you were able to save your leg! I could tell you horrendous accounts of what happens here in UK (although our NHS is much admired internationally), e.g. my mother would not have had a stroke had she been taken off the controversial Viox drug in time. This drug had been so linked to causing strokes that the US company had to take it off the market. I am not a fan of orthodox medicine anyway (unless necessary - have not found a natural alternative to the high blood pressure tablet I have to take).

I find most people tend to moan rather than count their blessings. I have a positive mindset and prefer to keep the negatives in life balanced by acknowledging the good stuff .... however small. In fact I started a thread so that we can post what we are grateful for today....

Today I Am Grateful For.........

It was before I realised there was already a similar thread

The Thankfulness Club

Old 07-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #258
Chef Extraordinaire

The only time you will hear me moan and groan is when Ireally don't feel good. I never get fever sick. I get other things that usually happen due to my own stubbornness or stupidity. After all I know everything and you can't tell me different. Just ask PF. I finally got her message through my brain. In fact PF, the first thing I did this morning was to take my paid meds.

This time I am really sick. This cold is hanging on and won't let go. So yesterday the NP put me on antibiotics and Mucinex to get the phlegm up. I had a slight fever of 99ºF. For me, 97.6 is normal.

Yes PF, I took them both this morning. And I am feeling much better.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #259
Head Chef

Wink

No problem Addie....my comment about moaning was meant generally, i.e. I said "most people"

Actually, I forgot to mention that, when it comes to pain I have noticed that the more I focus on it the worse it feels - distraction is beneficial.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #260
Sous Chef

Good morning everyone. Mom's not feeling too well this morning. Took her probiotic with antibiotics yesterday am and was sick in.her tummy all night at work last night and threw up twice after she got home this am. She's not working tonight and is already in bed. I'm waiting for call from dr.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

cjmmytunes is online now   Reply With Quote