Good Morning Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning.
I've been up for five hours already.
If you'd like to read about some general thoughts I had this morning you can visit this thread
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/stray-thoughts-75054-460.html#post1321677

Or what I and others have planned for the day, we've got a thread for that, too
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/what-are-you-doing-73388-1656.html#post1321986

And of course our long running weather thread can be found here
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/what-is-your-weather-like-right-now-11626-1100.html#post1321981

;)
:LOL:

Is it morning already? Have to haul the Ogre to the Doctor this morning, so I have some extra time.

Good morning, all.

Sort of a pukey day today. Coldish, about 40F and raining like nuts. Better than later yesterday, though. That was 30ish, sleeting and spitting snow. No accumulation but the kind of weather that gets you to the bone.

Today's my weekly grocery shopping day and will probably be minor combat given that it's so near Thanksgiving. But thanks to having a list, knowing the store and using self-check, I won't be too long.

We've had our breakfast and are ready, or as ready as we choose to be, to begin our day.

Have a lovey day everyone!

Good Morning. Trying to wake up so I can go renew my drivers license.

Either way, your eyes will be closed when they take the picture...and bed hair will pop up.

I'll be shopping after work tonight. Need to stay out of the store tomorrow night. Besides, it gives me an extra day if I miss something.

Last edited:
Good morning, I think. I've just barely started my first cup of coffee. The cat wants all my attention. I'm giving him about 90%. He's old and I don't know how long I'll have the my adorable little old man around to pesker me. I don't want to have regrets that I turned away the kitty lovin's.

Good morning all. The day stretches ahead with endless possibilities. I'm being lazy so far.

Good morning, I think. I've just barely started my first cup of coffee. The cat wants all my attention. I'm giving him about 90%. He's old and I don't know how long I'll have the my adorable little old man around to pesker me. I don't want to have regrets that I turned away the kitty lovin's.

I know the feeling, TL. My old sweetie has trouble walking around. She has a basket with a blanket she likes but when I'm sitting down, I bring her to the couch and we snuggle.

TL and GG, how old are your kitties? We have one kitty that is 21 and so far he's still pretty spry. He's deaf as a post though.

TL and GG, how old are your kitties? We have one kitty that is 21 and so far he's still pretty spry. He's deaf as a post though.
Shreddy is 18 y.o. He doesn't look old, but he can't jump like he used to and his balance isn't as good any more. He also sleeps a lot, even more than before.

A friend of mine has a 19 y.o. female cat. She is going deaf, so she meows louder. :LOL:

Elwing is 18 also. She's very talkative, which makes her a lot of fun :) DH likes to have conversations with her, although he admits he sometimes doesn't get what she's saying ;)

She does have arthritis, though, so I can't let her sleep in the bed with us anymore because she might jump off and hurt herself. It's hard to believe she's been with us almost 20 years. That's 2/3 of our marriage.

Louie meows VERY loudly! Poor guy. I've inadvertently snuck up on him and scared him.

Have you tried the Metacam Feline for your arthritic kitty? Worked absolute wonders for ours.

Louie meows VERY loudly! Poor guy. I've inadvertently snuck up on him and scared him.

Have you tried the Metacam Feline for your arthritic kitty? Worked absolute wonders for ours.

What is the Metacam Feline? I'm not familiar with that.

Our previous elderly kitty developed a form of dementia. She would cry loudly and seemed to be lost. Elwing isn't doing that, thank goodness.

Last edited:
Metacam is a painkiller for animals. Works REALLY well.

metacam.jpg

Good morning. 5:25AM here, woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Having a cup of hot tea, wrapped in blankets, and searching for a movie. :ermm: Have a great day, everyone. :)

Good day everyone.

Running into some turkey day kinks but I will survive!

Cold here today. The brass monkey is inside and our witch is wearing her insulated bra.

'Bout 20F and windy, which makes it feel much, um, brisker. It's sunny though and clear. Better than the last couple of days.

Up early today to finalize Thanksgiving prep, then lazy for the rest of the day. This cold weather makes "arthur" more apparent so I tend to take it easier.

Have a great day, everyone!

Back
Top Bottom