"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #71
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Good morning, I think. I've just barely started my first cup of coffee. The cat wants all my attention. I'm giving him about 90%. He's old and I don't know how long I'll have the my adorable little old man around to pesker me. I don't want to have regrets that I turned away the kitty lovin's.
I know the feeling, TL. My old sweetie has trouble walking around. She has a basket with a blanket she likes but when I'm sitting down, I bring her to the couch and we snuggle.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #72
Everymom

TL and GG, how old are your kitties? We have one kitty that is 21 and so far he's still pretty spry. He's deaf as a post though.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #73
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
TL and GG, how old are your kitties? We have one kitty that is 21 and so far he's still pretty spry. He's deaf as a post though.
Shreddy is 18 y.o. He doesn't look old, but he can't jump like he used to and his balance isn't as good any more. He also sleeps a lot, even more than before.

A friend of mine has a 19 y.o. female cat. She is going deaf, so she meows louder.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #74
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Elwing is 18 also. She's very talkative, which makes her a lot of fun DH likes to have conversations with her, although he admits he sometimes doesn't get what she's saying

She does have arthritis, though, so I can't let her sleep in the bed with us anymore because she might jump off and hurt herself. It's hard to believe she's been with us almost 20 years. That's 2/3 of our marriage.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #75
Everymom

Louie meows VERY loudly! Poor guy. I've inadvertently snuck up on him and scared him.

Have you tried the Metacam Feline for your arthritic kitty? Worked absolute wonders for ours.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #76
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Louie meows VERY loudly! Poor guy. I've inadvertently snuck up on him and scared him.

Have you tried the Metacam Feline for your arthritic kitty? Worked absolute wonders for ours.
What is the Metacam Feline? I'm not familiar with that.

Our previous elderly kitty developed a form of dementia. She would cry loudly and seemed to be lost. Elwing isn't doing that, thank goodness.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #77
Everymom

Metacam is a painkiller for animals. Works REALLY well.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #78
Master Chef

Good morning. 5:25AM here, woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Having a cup of hot tea, wrapped in blankets, and searching for a movie. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #79
Master Chef

Good day everyone.

Running into some turkey day kinks but I will survive!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #80
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Cold here today. The brass monkey is inside and our witch is wearing her insulated bra.

'Bout 20F and windy, which makes it feel much, um, brisker. It's sunny though and clear. Better than the last couple of days.

Up early today to finalize Thanksgiving prep, then lazy for the rest of the day. This cold weather makes "arthur" more apparent so I tend to take it easier.

Have a great day, everyone!