Good Morning Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie, how did it go with the ice storm?

We're still digging out a bit. It lasted from last Thursday night until Tuesday. It began with freezing rain and continued for several days. Everything was coated with ice and kept getting coated.

Many of our trees had limbs touching the ground they were so heavy with ice. Power lines were stretched to the max and we were prepared to lose power at any time. However, thankfully, that didn't happen.

Glenn took the 4-wheeler out yesterday to check the acreage for broken trees and downed fences due to trees/limbs. Fortunately, he didn't discover anything.

We didn't get mail delivery until Tuesday. No big deal to us, though, as all we ended up with was a dump of holiday catalogues. Big deal!

Thank God, it wasn't as dire at the one in 2009!

Thanks for asking.

Good morning. I shouldn't be awake this early, but mizzphinz is having breakfast with her brothers and it was impossible to stay sleeping.
PHINZ! Wow! Long time no see! Good to see you.

Hey all, I missed this morning as I had an early shift today. Hope everyone had a good day. Katie, good to see you're starting to dig out from under.

Time to revive the "What is this?" picture thread if you're going to be around. You've been missed sir!

Morning all, I've been perusing flyers, making my lists and girding my loins for a run out shopping. Wish me luck!

Morning all, I have been posting a bit already, but just really woke up thanks to the protein shake TB left for me. He is such a sweetie.

Good Morning everyone. I woke up to finding our local newspaper slid under my door. We have a Charter School here in Eastie that wants to build a high school. Right now they are occupying two separate locations for their students in grades 1-8. You can't find a better school anywhere. The kids in this school come out #1 in the State for the MCAS tests each year. You know how kids at the end of the day are yelling and running around when they get out? Not these kids. They are so polite. These kids are a definite asset to this community. They will be building right next to the brand spanking new library we got this year.

Last year they bought a Catholic school that had been closed and completely renovated it for their middle school kids. It is right around the corner from the building where I live.

I got a call from Poo already this morning checking up on me. It's a good thing I don't have anything planned that would not be in my best interest. I would never get away with it.

Tonight Doc Martin is on. Spike makes it here every Wednesday, rain or shine to watch it with me. I can't wait until the new season starts. The two of us sit roaring our heads off. We are both in agreement that we need someone like him in our family.

Today I am going to get all the dry ingredients measured out for the chocolate cake. And I have decided to make it a poke cake with chocolate syrup in the center. I will also have to make the syrup today. I have a couple of tiny funnels that will work perfectly to pour the syrup into the holes. And then there are the holly leaves that need to be made from royal icing. Those are fun to make. And yes, I will take pictures.

Ta ta for now, I am off to the kitchen to get busy! :angel:

Last edited:
Morning all. I am having a quiet grump. My remote car starter has been on the fritz for quite some time and just the other day my amazing husband fixed it for me. It worked for 3 days and died again. ARGH! I decided to see if I could get it fixed and they want to charge me $140 for it. Um...a NEW one would be less than that. Phooey.

heh heh heh...Just realized my grump isn't so quiet after all. :rolleyes:

Morning all. I am having a quiet grump. My remote car starter has been on the fritz for quite some time and just the other day my amazing husband fixed it for me. It worked for 3 days and died again. ARGH! I decided to see if I could get it fixed and they want to charge me $140 for it. Um...a NEW one would be less than that. Phooey.

heh heh heh...Just realized my grump isn't so quiet after all. :rolleyes:

Morning! I don't know if this is possible for you, but I lost my electronic car key last spring. When I called the dealership about a replacement, it was over $100, I think. I called a local keymaker, too. A woman there told me they could replace it for $80, but that I could buy it on eBay and program it myself. And it worked!

It cost $15 for two and came with programming instructions for my vehicle - just pressing buttons on the key and in the car in a certain order - and took just a few minutes.

Good morning everyone! Yes, I know, it is after 11 am here and much later everywhere else but after a rough night of coughing and kidney pain, I slept in.

But I woke up to bright sunshine and feeling much better. :) Who could ask for more!

I am going to do some baking today which is just the "icing on the cake"!

Good morning everyone! Its been a long time since I've been up early enough to say good MORNING. I was up super early for a day off. I've already had 2 cups of coffee, tidied the kitchen, got the water distiller running and started the laundry. I'm just waiting for all the folks to be out of the house before I attempt a workout and then I'm off for a coffee date with a friend. I'm sort of hoping I can convince her to go for sushi lunch instead. WOOT!

How's everyone around here lately?

Good Morning, Alix!

I'm kinda dopey and sleepy, but not hurting. Thinking I will be having a low key day.

Good morning Alix!

I am not usually up this early but I didn't get much sleep and after having some tea while TB had breakfast I was wide awake. Probably won't be for long though!

Have a great day.

Morning! Its overcast and dreary, but warmer than usual out there. I've been snuggled up with my cat watching "My Cat from Hell" on Animal Planet. Gotta say, I've only seen one TRULY nasty cat on that show. The rest of the cats were reacting to the human's treatment of them.

What's up for everyone today?

Good Morning! Going out to shop for fresh fruit, maybe some deli fried chicken and coleslaw, too.

I may take some time to clear out the critters from the fridgw,

I'm scared to ask what critters might be in the fridge.

Morning all. I'm waiting for the garage door repair dudes to show up. They have 25 minutes before I start getting cranky.

I worked late last night, and then met a couple of friends for coffee afterward. Had some giggles, enjoyed the company and came home just before 200am. Garage door sticks halfway up. Grumble grump, BUT, not unexpected as sometimes the ice buildup inside the door makes it stick. I get out to go help the door up. Hmmmm, strange noise. I scoot under the door, leaving the van running on the driveway, and peer up at the gizmo to see if I can figure out what's wrong. Nope. I hit the button and help the door down since it clearly won't go up.

About that moment I realize that I am now inside the garage and the door is now down and the side door is frozen shut. Oops. The van is still running on the driveway, with my purse inside. Hmmm, this might be a BIT of a problem. I pull the emergency manual release handle thinking I can manually lift the door and then realize 1) there is no handle on my side of the door and 2) the door is pretty well coated in ice and I can't get a grip on it. Uh oh.

By now I'm seeing the humour in this situation, but it IS still 200am and I'm punchy I'm so tired. I try yanking the side door with all my might...nope. I finally manage to get the garage door up about 2 inches and get my fingers underneath and haul that sucker open. It moves pretty easily once you get it going...its just getting it GOING that is the issue. Van in garage, door shut manually, Alix snickering quietly up to the back door. Uh oh...I can hear the dog going mental inside. Add one cranky husband to list of boo boos for the night!

And now, I'm waiting. Maybe I'll nap while I wait. :LOL:

ROFL!!! Nothing like making an entrance.

I had a safety lock engage when I would slam the kitchen door hard enough to close. I would get home @ 7 am and have to wake Shrek up to let me in...he was not happy! Luckily, duct tape fixed it.

I'm getting ready to go to the store...have to get Shrek moving, too. Don't want to sit around the house again all day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom