Good Morning Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, quite the welcome home!

I think I am the only person I know who has been locked in their house AND garage now. Sheesh.

;)

I'd love to hear the locked in the house story.

Apartment in Denver, Colorado. Deadbolts that were keyed on both sides on the doors. Shrek had already left for work as it took him 45 minutes by bus to get to work. Took me 10 minutes walking. So, he was already gone, beyond reach, by the time I was ready to leave for work.

Couldn't find my keys and the deadbolts were set. Keys did not exist! I would have called the apartment manager, but...err...ummmm...I WAS the apartment manager and the keys to unlock my apartment were in the manager's office. Memo to self: replace double-keyed deadbolts with levers on the inside.

I ended up calling the owner who came, got the manager's keys and let me out. He was laughing his butt off. I got replacement keys for everything, including having the locks for the store replaced, too. (I was also the assistant manager of the store where I worked).

Found the keys a week later, under the front edge of the couch.:wacko:

When I lived in a house with double key deadbolts, we took the advice given by the fire department. ALWAYS leave a key in the door, on the inside, when you are in the house.

Nobody ever told me about that, not even my Dad who was a locksmith...
If he had been a firefighter he probably would have.

I had an apartment that caught fire. The place was completely gutted. The fire started, according to my nosy Portuguese neighbours, half an hour after I left for work. I've been a little freaked out by residential fires ever since.

You folks have such interesting adventures. All mine revolve around the ER. I am jealous! And tired of that dang ER! :angel:

Goo morning! I was in a deep sleep at four a.m. All of a sudden I woke up and was ravenous. I got up and opened the fridge door and the first thing I saw was a can of black olives. I opened the can and ate the whole thing. Went right back to sleep.

On Wednesday it was on the news that the FDA was telling doctors to stop prescribing Vicodin is in such strong amounts. They are concerned about the damage to the liver. I notified Winthrop when I went there yesterday that I needed a refill. Winthrop took FDA's word to heart. I understand the lesser strength, but before I was getting a ten day supply. Yesterday I not only got a lesser strength, but a 30 day supply. Yet the directions for taking was the same. Take two tablets three times a day for pain in hip and spine. I will have to call and ask why the increase in the supply. I don't think it was a mistake. The cards are numbered 1 of 6, 2 of 6, etc. And my name is on all six cards. I am totally confused now. :angel:

Addy, I think the increase in supply is because the risk of abuse or dependence is less with the lower dose.

:angel:

They only reduced the amount of Tylenol (acetaminophen/paracetamol) in the medications, NOT the narcotic component.

They only reduced the amount of Tylenol (acetaminophen/paracetamol) in the medications, NOT the narcotic component.
Really? :ohmy:

From what I just read, the paracetamol or ibuprofen was to lower the risks and increase the pain reduction per pill, so lower amounts of narcotic could be used. It's banned in many European countries.

Addy, I think the increase in supply is because the risk of abuse or dependence is less with the lower dose.

:angel:

It is not the dependence but the possibility of my selling them, as so many elderly do, that they keep a tight rein on them. I think I have proven over the past seven years that I can handle them very well and there is no concern that I will be selling them. Even though my supply was for 10 days at a time if taken as prescribed, then I would have been calling in for a refill on day nine. A lot of times I would call in for a refill on day 15 or even later. So they know I am not selling them. Becoming addicted to them is not one of their concerns. Not at my age. Controlling pain is. :angel:

Really? :ohmy:

From what I just read, the paracetamol or ibuprofen was to lower the risks and increase the pain reduction per pill, so lower amounts of narcotic could be used. It's banned in many European countries.

They have known for years that the acetaminophen when combined with alcohol was damaging the liver. Now they know that too high a dose without alcohol is doing the same thing. I have always preferred the aspirin over the Tylenol. :angel:

Here is the current information : Acetaminophen Toxicity
I see. They are lowering the Acetaminophen in Rx drugs because people get it in non-Rx drugs and they could easily get too much.

I refuse to take any drugs with acetaminophen, Rx or not. It doesn't work on me, so I don't want the adverse affects on my liver for no benefit.

I couldn't even get one Extra Strength Tylenol in the hospital...all the dilaudid I wanted every four hours, but no tylenol.

I couldn't even get one Extra Strength Tylenol in the hospital...all the dilaudid I wanted every four hours, but no tylenol.
I wish they were more cautious with the acetaminophen here. Every time I go to a clinic for something they try to give me stuff with it and I have to argue with them.

When I lived in a house with double key deadbolts, we took the advice given by the fire department. ALWAYS leave a key in the door, on the inside, when you are in the house.

Which is what I was doing. HOWEVER, the deadbolt was old and when I went to take the garbage out, I turned the key and it just spun uselessly in the door. Then of course it was stuck in there and it was the only key to get out. Me and my 6 month old baby...trapped in the house.

I called the locksmith.

Back
Top Bottom