Good Morning Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which is what I was doing. HOWEVER, the deadbolt was old and when I went to take the garbage out, I turned the key and it just spun uselessly in the door. Then of course it was stuck in there and it was the only key to get out. Me and my 6 month old baby...trapped in the house.

I called the locksmith.
That's scary.

Good morning. Getting lots of snow today, we are supposed to get another 5 inches. So glad the grandson is staying over for the week. I think I will get out some games out to play this afternoon.We've got Sorry, pickup sticks, Connect 4 and Trouble. We will also play some cards, Josh is very good at Poker and 21. I like Crazy 8's and Go Fish. :)

Good morning. Getting lots of snow today, we are supposed to get another 5 inches. So glad the grandson is staying over for the week. I think I will get out some games out to play this afternoon.We've got Sorry, pickup sticks, Connect 4 and Trouble. We will also play some cards, Josh is very good at Poker and 21. I like Crazy 8's and Go Fish. :)

Sounds like you have some fun time planned. Can I come over and play with you. I have a brand new Yahtze game not even opened. I can bring it with me. I don't have any one to play with. My kids think I am nuts for wanting to do something different for a change.

When my kids were small they always, at Christmas each got a boxed game. Trouble was a big favorite. Yahtze was the really big favorite. It taught them math at the basics. As a result both Spike and The Pirate can do math in their head as if they were standing in front of a college level class teaching it. Me, I am a lost cause. Just the simple stuff please. Addition, subtraction, multiply and some division. And give me a pencil and paper please. Otherwise you get just a blank stare. :angel:

Sounds like you have some fun time planned. Can I come over and play with you. I have a brand new Yahtze game not even opened. I can bring it with me. I don't have any one to play with. My kids think I am nuts for wanting to do something different for a change.

When my kids were small they always, at Christmas each got a boxed game. Trouble was a big favorite. Yahtze was the really big favorite. It taught them math at the basics. As a result both Spike and The Pirate can do math in their head as if they were standing in front of a college level class teaching it. Me, I am a lost cause. Just the simple stuff please. Addition, subtraction, multiply and some division. And give me a pencil and paper please. Otherwise you get just a blank stare. :angel:

YES, please come on over, I'll make us all some Kool Aid. What is your favorite, Josh and I like the Cherry the best. :yum:
I remember when my kids were little and on Christmas Day my mom and dad would come to our house and everyone would get on the floor around the Christmas tree and play with all the games the kids got. What a wonderful memory.

YES, please come on over, I'll make us all some Kool Aid. What is your favorite, Josh and I like the Cherry the best. :yum:
I remember when my kids were little and on Christmas Day my mom and dad would come to our house and everyone would get on the floor around the Christmas tree and play with all the games the kids got. What a wonderful memory.

Orange Kool Aid please. I am a citrus kind of gal. Tart but sweet. I can never decide which memories I treasure most. The ones of my childhood with my mother or the ones with my kids when they were small. When I tell my kids about some of my childhood, I have to remind them I lived in a different century then. And so did they. :angel:

Good Morning! My phone rang at eight this morning. Who is calling me at this hour? It was my nurse in Winthrop. The first thing she said to me was a "Thank You." Last week on Thursday when I went for my vitals, she was trying so hard to get some pills down. I told her the secret that PF had shared with us a while back. About how they teach stroke patients to swallow pills. "It works!" She was so happy. She asked me how I knew about that. I told her a very good nurse who takes care of elderly patients told me about it. So PF, thank you for making me look good.

The second thing she told me made me even happier. Over a month ago when I had to see the NP, we talked about my smoking. Chantix came up again. It has been found that it can cause problems for those with a heart problem. I told her I was ready to quit. I wasn't the last time I was on them. The only reason I kept taking them was because it did slow down my smoking, thus saving me money.

I am definitely ready to quit. And I am willing to take the risk to my heart. So I get my first week this afternoon. And I hope at the end of two weeks to no longer be smoking. Stay tuned. Film at eleven! :angel:

Good Morning! My phone rang at eight this morning. Who is calling me at this hour? It was my nurse in Winthrop. The first thing she said to me was a "Thank You." Last week on Thursday when I went for my vitals, she was trying so hard to get some pills down. I told her the secret that PF had shared with us a while back. About how they teach stroke patients to swallow pills. "It works!" She was so happy. She asked me how I knew about that. I told her a very good nurse who takes care of elderly patients told me about it. So PF, thank you for making me look good.

The second thing she told me made me even happier. Over a month ago when I had to see the NP, we talked about my smoking. Chantix came up again. It has been found that it can cause problems for those with a heart problem. I told her I was ready to quit. I wasn't the last time I was on them. The only reason I kept taking them was because it did slow down my smoking, thus saving me money.

I am definitely ready to quit. And I am willing to take the risk to my heart. So I get my first week this afternoon. And I hope at the end of two weeks to no longer be smoking. Stay tuned. Film at eleven! :angel:

Heh! I'm good for something!!!:) You are welcome!!

Good luck with the Chantix, Addie. I'm still taking it off and on...especially when the cravings get bad. I just call the Doc and she calls in another prescription in for me. I'd rather pay for the Chantix than cigarettes.

Heh! I'm good for something!!!:) You are welcome!!

Good luck with the Chantix, Addie. I'm still taking it off and on...especially when the cravings get bad. I just call the Doc and she calls in another prescription in for me. I'd rather pay for the Chantix than cigarettes.

When I end up in the hospital, I NEVER think of cigarettes. But the minute I am out that door, Spike has one in his hand to give me because he knows I am going to kill him if he doesn't.

Two times I have been on the Chantix. The last time I was down to two, maybe three a day. I really could have quit at that point. But I didn't want to. Remember my New Years resolution to stop being so stubborn? Well my not quitting was part of that stubbornness. It was because everyone wanted me to quit that I wasn't going to. To hell with all of you. I am not going to quit. And the next time you say something to me, I am going to blow smoke right in your face!

For the past year I have really been working on the stubborn issue. Now I really want to quit. There are days just on my own, I make a pack last me well over more than two days. Not that I am trying, just that I really don't feel like smoking.

For me smoking is mostly habit. Coffee? Grab a cigarette. Sitting at the computer? Grab a cigarette. Go to the bathroom? Grab a cigarette. :angel:

Good morning all. I made it in here before noon! Got a quiet day ahead, just taking my munchkin out for lunch after her exam and a bit of shopping. I'm still feeling a bit weird so I'm just taking it easy today. How's every little thing for the rest of you?

I have another appointment this afternoon. I checked with the transportation company to make sure we had our date and time right.

Right now I am wide awake. I am watching some very old Lash LaRue movies. A Saturday matinee special. I remember them well. In B&W! :angel:

I have another appointment this afternoon. I checked with the transportation company to make sure we had our date and time right.

Right now I am wide awake. I am watching some very old Lash LaRue movies. A Saturday matinee special. I remember them well. In B&W! :angel:
I love old cowboy movies.

I asked Stirling to download a bunch of Audy Murphy serials. They are public domain now, so it is okay to download them. They are wonderfully hokey. ;)
:angel:

Whew. Been a long time since I checked in here. It's well past morning, but I haven't been online most of the day. Hey everyone. How's it going?

Whew. Been a long time since I checked in here. It's well past morning, but I haven't been online most of the day. Hey everyone. How's it going?

Good evening. I am presently waiting for some Haddock fish filets to thaw out so I can egg and bread them for tomorrow. I will do the first part tonight, and then just before I sauté the tomorrow, I will egg and bread them again. It gives them a nice thick crust. :angel:

Great! We hit Costco and had lunch at a Mexican Restaurant. Just hanging out and relaxing now. How are you?

I'm really good! I survived a stupid week at work, and I'm on days off now. I wouldn't mind doing a Costco run myself. Buy anything cool?

Tango? Woo woo! Hot stuff there bethzaring! Did you do the rose in your teeth and everything? Swishy dress and heels?

I'm really good! I survived a stupid week at work, and I'm on days off now. I wouldn't mind doing a Costco run myself. Buy anything cool?

Tango? Woo woo! Hot stuff there bethzaring! Did you do the rose in your teeth and everything? Swishy dress and heels?

I actually googled tango dance shoes and was a bit put off by the skimpy sandals with the high heels:LOL:. So, no, I didn't do the heels, and donned a pair of clean jeans, black jeans:)

I just got back from my first ever tango dance class. I am more of a clogger than a tango dancer, so don't know the future of this adventure.

That sounds like fun. My second husband was a pure hillbilly from W. VA and was over 6 ft. tall. All his height was in his legs and one time he showed me he could clog dance. I was on the floor laughing. I have to admit, he was good at though. :angel:

I actually googled tango dance shoes and was a bit put off by the skimpy sandals with the high heels:LOL:. So, no, I didn't do the heels, and donned a pair of clean jeans, black jeans:)

Ya gotta admit those are sexy shoes. Seriously.
tangoshoes-2.jpg

That sounds like fun. My second husband was a pure hillbilly from W. VA and was over 6 ft. tall. All his height was in his legs and one time he showed me he could clog dance. I was on the floor laughing. I have to admit, he was good at though. :angel:

I was a nervous wreck. There were only 4 couples at this class; two quite experienced and ..us. Can't say it was fun...yet. It has been a challenge for me to acclimate to this Spanish/Mexican/Native American culture, but I'm loving the experiences.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom