Good Morning Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like a fun day Laurie. Enjoy! I've done the crappy part of my day (working out - blech!) and now I'm going to dry my hair, go buy a baby gift and have a coffee date. Woot!

Good morning, all! Was up bright and early this morning, before dawn. Ready for my daughter and SIL to pick me up for a little road trip with family. We're going to walk around the hills of Lancaster, CA where the poppies and other wildflowers are blooming. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! Sky is blue, no wind. :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :flowers:

Good morning everyone. I was up at 7:30 am. I have to take my meds. I am hesitating because I am back on the Chantix, and I know they are going to make me sick enough that I won't want to smoke. So I am having my last cigarette for the day before I take them. Little steps at a time.

Two days ago I took my stove apart. Burners only. I did this at night and got very tired. So I left them soaking in the sink with sudsy hot water and ammonia. Fell asleep and the next morning I had an appointment for my six month checkup. Came home exhausted. So the drip pans continued to soak. Early to bed last night. Have to get them finished today. I need to cook for myself. I will get around to finish what I started two days ago. Honest, I will!

Who do I think I am kidding! I am really waiting for The Pirate to show up tonight! :angel:

Good morning everyone. I was up at 7:30 am. I have to take my meds. I am hesitating because I am back on the Chantix, and I know they are going to make me sick enough that I won't want to smoke. So I am having my last cigarette for the day before I take them. Little steps at a time.

Two days ago I took my stove apart. Burners only. I did this at night and got very tired. So I left them soaking in the sink with sudsy hot water and ammonia. Fell asleep and the next morning I had an appointment for my six month checkup. Came home exhausted. So the drip pans continued to soak. Early to bed last night. Have to get them finished today. I need to cook for myself. I will get around to finish what I started two days ago. Honest, I will!

Who do I think I am kidding! I am really waiting for The Pirate to show up tonight! :angel:
Good plan. ;)
:angel:

Good morning everyone!

It is a gorgeous sunny morning and I finally had a very restful and full night's sleep. It is amazing what that combination can do!

I am going to go make a fritatta for TB and I for breakfast and go tend to my garden after!

Hope your day has started just as wonderfully! :)

Hello all! Poking my head in after a bit of an absence. I seem to be doing my summer disappearing act now that the weather is nicer. Miss you all a bit, but I'm enjoying my patio lots. Hope all are well here.

Hiya! I'm running in and out again. The weather is freaking amazing and I can't stay in the house!

Just noticed this part of the forum so I thought I'd pop in and say "Good Evenin'". So glad that last night is over and done with. We here in NE NC had a battle with Awful Arthur and we won!

Good morning here from UK! Guess most of you are still in bed since this site seems mostly US based. Drizzly rain here but welcome (for the garden) after 3 intensively hot days.

I was planning on going to the monthly food market but, with the rain, it will be cancelled. It has artisan bread, a cheese stall, hot snacks and some veg.

Today I am visiting my mum in her nursing home. I used to be her full time carer, in her house, for 2 years up until quite recently. Her health condition became such that it was no longer manageable. We did a lot of research and found her the best local care home where the staff are attentive and she is content there. :)

Good morning everyone. Sitting in the E.R. with my mom. She's having really bad pains in her stomach and back so we're getting it checked out.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Good morning everyone. A lot cooler today, it's only 63, with showers expected for the next two days. I am going down to our farmers market to gets some tomatoes, zucchini (for some bars) and radishes. The sweet corn is supposed to be ready on the 11th or 12th. Can't wait.

Update - Mom has a U.T.I, she's dehydrated, and some upper abdomen inflammation - maybe an ulcer. She's admitted, has an IV and on pain medication as needed. We're watching a DDD marathon on TV until I need to head home to take care of the "Evil Mojo Jojo" - aka the cat.

Update - Mom has a U.T.I, she's dehydrated, and some upper abdomen inflammation - maybe an ulcer. She's admitted, has an IV and on pain medication as needed. We're watching a DDD marathon on TV until I need to head home to take care of the "Evil Mojo Jojo" - aka the cat.

At least she is now in the right place and being treated. Hope it's not an ulcer. :ermm:

You're right, Creative. I hope it's not either. She ate a good breakfast, got washed up and it sitting in a chair watching Sunday Morning on CBS.

Back
Top Bottom