Good Morning Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update - Mom has a U.T.I, she's dehydrated, and some upper abdomen inflammation - maybe an ulcer. She's admitted, has an IV and on pain medication as needed. We're watching a DDD marathon on TV until I need to head home to take care of the "Evil Mojo Jojo" - aka the cat.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Hope your Mom is feeling better soon! People get dehydrated very easily without actually realizing it, and it can cause more problems that you'd expect. They say if you wait until you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated!

Carol, she seems to be feeling better today. She ate a good breakfast, got washed up and is sitting up reading the paper while her antibiotic goes in her iv.

Just want to say Good Morning to everyone. Mom called me at 5 this AM - she couldn't remember if I wanted her to call at 5 or 6. So I was at the hospital by 6 am with coffee and some cheerios because they don't open the cafeteria until 6:30 am. Will let everyone know what the Dr says after he comes in.

You're right, Creative. I hope it's not either. She ate a good breakfast, got washed up and it sitting in a chair watching Sunday Morning on CBS.

Sounds like she is on the way to total recovery. :angel:

Thank you Addie. She had a good breakfast this AM. Waiting for the Dr to get here now.

Can't believe it's already 78 degrees outside and the sun isn't even up yet.

Good morning. Well, here it is Thursday already, (cleaning day). Got up extra early and got the laundry done and hung up on the clothes lines. Not suppose to rain until tonight. My DH does the vacuming and mopping and I do everything else. Sure is nice having help. :)

Didn't get to come in here this AM but it's 86 here right now and feels 93. Have more storms coming on the way and trying to catch up on laundry.

Good morning, afternoon or whatever the moment calls for. Went to Winthrop and got good news. I do not have pneumonia. I started to get worried last night when the phlegm turned green. I am not one to dwell on my latest aches or pains. My attitude is usually, "yeah, yeah, yeah, leave me alone. Bit deal, so I coughed." But I know what the color green means. And it is usually not good.

I didn't go for physical therapy though. My muscles are so achy that I doubt I would have lasted 30 seconds trying.

As soon as I walked in the door, they had a mask waiting for me. I didn't want to spread this dang cold to anyone else. So I asked for them to have one ready for me when I arrived. Good heavens, you face gets so hot wearing one of those paper ones. I couldn't get out of there fast enough so I could take it off.

I am having a slow day today. I just ache all over, so I am going to rest. :angel:

Good morning, afternoon or whatever the moment calls for. Went to Winthrop and got good news. I do not have pneumonia. I started to get worried last night when the phlegm turned green. I am not one to dwell on my latest aches or pains. My attitude is usually, "yeah, yeah, yeah, leave me alone. Bit deal, so I coughed." But I know what the color green means. And it is usually not good.

I didn't go for physical therapy though. My muscles are so achy that I doubt I would have lasted 30 seconds trying.

As soon as I walked in the door, they had a mask waiting for me. I didn't want to spread this dang cold to anyone else. So I asked for them to have one ready for me when I arrived. Good heavens, you face gets so hot wearing one of those paper ones. I couldn't get out of there fast enough so I could take it off.

I am having a slow day today. I just ache all over, so I am going to rest. :angel:

Addie I sure hope you get some rest and are feeling better.:angel:

I managed to get a half hour nap in. Just enough so I can still get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. :angel:
I feel at a slight disadvantage being a newcomer here, since I don't know the history of your illness and can't work out what it is from recent posts. Is it diagnosed?

Good morning to those who are up this time...probably those in UK!

I noticed that sending photos here is often used, to show what you have cooked. I don't have a mobile phone (which has a camera) so I got a
compact digital camera yesterday. Since I try out recipes all the time (or adapt/create dishes from what I have at the time), I hope to be sharing
some of my dishes with you soon. :)

Last edited:
I feel at a slight disadvantage being a newcomer here, since I don't know the history of your illness and can't work out what it is from recent posts. Is it diagnosed?

My main concern is heart/diabetes. They go hand in hand. But being 75 y.o. it is mostly moaning and groaning about getting old. Just all the arse aches along with creaks of the bones. Getting old is very hard work.

Eight years ago, the doctors wanted to amputate my right leg. I had an ulcer at the bottom and you could see the shin bone along with the innards. I finally found a doctor that was willing to try to save my leg with a skin graft. Problem solved. :angel:

Good morning, I think, everyone. Last night in Lowell there was a major massive fire. It was a very large apartment building that is just rubble today. Seven people died in the fire, three of them children. They were tossing kids out the windows. Fortunately there were folks to catch them. I am sick to my stomach. I had to turn off the news. It was mostly Cambodian families that lived in the building. :angel:

My main concern is heart/diabetes. They go hand in hand. But being 75 y.o. it is mostly moaning and groaning about getting old. Just all the arse aches along with creaks of the bones. Getting old is very hard work.

Eight years ago, the doctors wanted to amputate my right leg. I had an ulcer at the bottom and you could see the shin bone along with the innards. I finally found a doctor that was willing to try to save my leg with a skin graft. Problem solved. :angel:
Ah...thanks for explaining. Yes, I am 64 so very familiar with the scenario of the ageing body. I have high blood pressure but then I am overweight and reluctant to cut back on my food! (I used to cycle up until an accident that has left me too nervous. I occasionally do stretch exercises).

Glad you were able to save your leg! I could tell you horrendous accounts of what happens here in UK (although our NHS is much admired internationally), e.g. my mother would not have had a stroke had she been taken off the controversial Viox drug in time. This drug had been so linked to causing strokes that the US company had to take it off the market. I am not a fan of orthodox medicine anyway (unless necessary - have not found a natural alternative to the high blood pressure tablet I have to take).

I find most people tend to moan rather than count their blessings. I have a positive mindset and prefer to keep the negatives in life balanced by acknowledging the good stuff .... however small. In fact I started a thread so that we can post what we are grateful for today....

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/today-i-am-grateful-for-90084.html

It was before I realised there was already a similar thread

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/the-thankfulness-club-86193.html

Last edited:
The only time you will hear me moan and groan is when Ireally don't feel good. I never get fever sick. I get other things that usually happen due to my own stubbornness or stupidity. After all I know everything and you can't tell me different. :wacko: Just ask PF. I finally got her message through my brain. In fact PF, the first thing I did this morning was to take my paid meds.

This time I am really sick. This cold is hanging on and won't let go. So yesterday the NP put me on antibiotics and Mucinex to get the phlegm up. I had a slight fever of 99ºF. For me, 97.6 is normal.

Yes PF, I took them both this morning. And I am feeling much better. :angel:

No problem Addie....my comment about moaning was meant generally, i.e. I said "most people"

Actually, I forgot to mention that, when it comes to pain I have noticed that the more I focus on it the worse it feels - distraction is beneficial.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Mom's not feeling too well this morning. Took her probiotic with antibiotics yesterday am and was sick in.her tummy all night at work last night and threw up twice after she got home this am. She's not working tonight and is already in bed. I'm waiting for call from dr.

Back
Top Bottom