Good Morning Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Just a spot to say good morning (or afternoon) to the folks who are around. I participate in other fora and most of them have a spot like this. Some folks like it, some don't.

So, good morning all! Its a snowy and cold morning here in Edmonton. I'm snuggled up on the couch with coffee, laptop and kitty. I don't need to get ready for work for a while yet, so I'll just enjoy watching the birdies decimate the feeders and cruise about for a bit.

I like the idea, Alix.

We have a lovely morning here. Mild, about 50F, and gloriously sunny. Clear as a bell, too.

I've already been to the mailbox to put out some mail, along with help from my sweet little Bella. She thinks it's her job.

Breakfast and basic morning chores have long been done and I'm relaxing on the 'puter before I have to attend to some more French bread. Two loaves will go into the oven in about 15 minutes and two more will be ready to be shaped for their second rise just a few minutes after the first ones go into the oven.

Gonna be a lovely day.

Good morning, all!!

Morning it is, I just do not know how good it is. My company, I mean company I work for just got sold. Who knows what that mean for all of us. I do believe that everything comes from G-d and everything then happens for the best. But honestly it is sad after 20 years, actually 2 month shy of 21, it is sad to see the end of the brand.

Good morning everyone. Slept a little late this morning as SO and I were up until 1:30AM. She didn't get home from work until after midnight so she needed some time to unwind before hitting the sheets.

Hey Andy, what does SO do that she works so late?

Alix, she's a home manager. She runs the home front for a working couple with three kids. Grocery shopping, cooking, making appointments for contractors and repairmen, etc. Runs errands, arranges playdates for the three kids, chauffeurs them to and from schools and other activities.

In this case, the couple run a management consulting business and are closing down their office to work from home with an office in Boston for client meetings, etc. They asked her to stay late to supervise the movers' moving stuff out of the office and delivering it to their two homes. They're divorced. The movers were late showing up so the last of the deliveries weren't completed until 11:30PM.

She was a little wired so a couple of glasses of wine and venting to me helped her relax enough to go to bed.

Last edited:
Alix, I really like your Good Morning Thread. Great idea. And, an opportunity to organize plans for the day while having your morning coffee and sharing with friends.

I'm usually on DC pretty early, but don't post often then while I'm still muzzy. Often I have things I plan to do that day, but a place to organize it, and my mind, is a great idea. Thanks, dear lady!

Thanks Zhizara! Do you think you could make it a sticky so its always at the top of the page for folks to see? Don't fuss if you aren't allowed. I just thought it might be nice to have it up there.

Andy, I know there is a joke in there somewhere about your SO's ability to manage difficult personalities without killing anyone...:cool:

...Andy, I know there is a joke in there somewhere about your SO's ability to manage difficult personalities without killing anyone...:cool:

No joke, Alix. It is the single factor that has made our relationship a success. I keep testing her limits to determine just how good she is.

Back
Top Bottom