Good News/Bad News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Barbara! I appreciate it! :)

jeninga75, Thank goodness for the good news!

I'll bet it wasn't any fun waiting for that good news, though, huh?

That's the part I think is horrible for people....the waiting!

Oh, it’s a Geo Storm. Nice car, and very dependable! Did you know that it is actually an Isuzu Impulse? It was built by Isuzu, and then renamed by GM. The body and interior are a bit different, but under that body is the Isuzu frame, engine, transmission, etc. Very good car, sporty look, fun to drive, and pretty quick too!

We’ve got an 2002 Geo Prizm, and before that, we had a 1995 Prizm. Prizms are Toyota Corollas that have been renamed, and they run forever.

I knew about the Storm/Izuzu connection, but I didn't know about the Prizm/Corolla one. Our other car is a 1996 Toyota Corolla. I bought it in 1997 and it is still running great. :cool:

:)Barbara

What was wrong with the car in the fist place? What had to be done to fix it? If it was a serious repair, the current problem could be a result of an improper adjustment from the previous fix. The timing could be off, or the idle is set too low.

It could be the gas or clogged fuel injectors, or even a dirty air filter. A full tune ups (oil, oil filter, air filter, gas treatment, new plugs, rotor cap and button if applicable, etc) is advisable at this point.

i say the idle.

here is my good news. lets see, im in school, love my job, dating, got some new toys the other day. the bad is the stress of it all

here is my good news. lets see, im in school, love my job, dating, got some new toys the other day. the bad is the stress of it all
It was when I stopped loving my job that the stress got to me. Of course it was the stress heaped on me by my boss that made me stop loving the job, so I guess it was a vicious circle!

About my car--WooHoo! It was bad gas. James told me we still had a little gas in the gas can, so I added that and the fuel injector and carburetor cleaner and now it runs like a dream!

:) Barbara

It was when I stopped loving my job that the stress got to me. Of course it was the stress heaped on me by my boss that made me stop loving the job, so I guess it was a vicious circle!

About my car--WooHoo! It was bad gas. James told me we still had a little gas in the gas can, so I added that and the fuel injector and carburetor cleaner and now it runs like a dream!

:) Barbara
Woo Hoo, a big hug for our James...I'm glad things are working now Barb..
kadesma;)

Good news.. after searching for what seems like forever... I found a job.
Bad news.. after searching for what seems like forever... I found a job.

pdswife, I'm so happy for you/I feel so bad for you! LOL I'm glad you found a job. Now I hope I can find one.

Dave, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hopefully things will work out for the best.

Barbara

Good news bad news huh? I had a LOT of that yesterday.

Bad news - Daughter calls me as I'm driving home from work to tell me in a panicked voice the toilet is overflowing and she can't unclog it or stop it from overflowing. Ew.
Good news - I was right around the corner and could fix that problem within minutes. Toilet unclogged and water mopped up ASAP.
Bad news - Other daughter hollers from downstairs that the ceiling in her bedroom is dripping water (shes under the bathroom). ARGH! Mop up that mess as well and attempt to see if it was a pipe or just overflowed water.
Good news - Just overflowed water not a burst pipe. WHEW!

Then it was into "hurry up" mode to get dinner on the table. I only have a 1/2 hour window on Tuesdays to have us sit down together. Daughter #1 gets home from dance at 6pm and daughter #2 leaves for dance at 6:30pm so we only have a small window. I was rushing around getting the chicken breast BBQ'ed and putting the finishing touches on the caesar salad etc.
Good news - Dinner hit the table at precisely 6:00pm!
Bad news - While getting dinner to the table from the BBQ I stepped in fresh dog poo (Murray deposited while I was cooking) WITH BARE FEET!!! EWWWWWW!!!!!

You made me laugh. I've had days like that and can sympathise. Good news, your still alive and here to be our freind.

Mine is revearsed as well. Bad news; wife called to tell me that my son wrecked my car last week. Good news, we had full-coverage on that peice of junk 95 Ford Explorer. It had so many issues. Insurance (State Farm) gave me $4,000 bucks for it, which is only $1000 less than I paid for the vehicle. I've been driving it for about 3 years now. I had enough to put a down-payment on a 93 Chevy Malibu that is absolutely clean and runs great. Bonus - everything works on the Malibu. The Ford started giving us problemafter only a week of owning it. I will never by another Ford product. And my Chevy is getting great gas mileage. I'm a happy man, albeit $9,000 in debt.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

pdswife, I'm so happy for you/I feel so bad for you! LOL I'm glad you found a job. Now I hope I can find one.

Dave, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hopefully things will work out for the best.

Barbara

Thanks Barb... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Tonight I have no good news after 11 years of wedded bliss my wife just up and dumped me no reason Bah Hum Bug

Wow, I didn't see this post the first time through. I too wish you the the very best and hope that you can find a partner who will treasure the relationship.

To me, there is only one reason for such actions by a wedded partner, pure and simple selfishness. Obviously she cared more for herself than for the union between the both of you. And you just don't need that kind of person around. But don't give up. There are a host of good women who just want the chance to love and be loved, and who are truly great i their own right. A great partner is a treasure. Find some treasure for yourself.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom