Good news for some ebook readers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vitauta

Executive Chef
anyone else get an email from amazon about an upcoming settlement in a class action suit involving several large ebook publishers? the message i got says that if the court has a favorable ruling in this case, ebook customers who purchased ebooks between 4-2010 and 5-2012 will be receiving a credit or partial refund for every eligible book they bought. potential recipients need not do anything to receive their credit. it will automatically appear in your amazon account in feb., 2013. yayyy! now, i wonder should i be soon hearing from b & n with similar good news?:)

thank you, janet, for the links you have provided on this ebook case. lots of good information there. i was thrilled, too, to hear about amazon's new paper white reader that has internal lighting for those of us who insist on being able to continue reading our books even after lights out....

I got that email yesterday too. Thanks for the links, Janet!

Last edited:
Check your local library for free downloadable ebooks!
I've been reading mine on my phone for a few weeks now...

I always thought it was crazy for a digital version to cost more than a paperback! That really curbs my shopping. I would purchase more if they weren't so expensive. I enjoy book bub and pixel of ink where I can get books for free or just a few dollars. Of course they are not by best selling authors or current editions but I have enjoyed them none the less.

anyone else get an email from amazon about an upcoming settlement in a class action suit involving several large ebook publishers? the message i got says that if the court has a favorable ruling in this case, ebook customers who purchased ebooks between 4-2010 and 5-2012 will be receiving a credit or partial refund for every eligible book they bought. potential recipients need not do anything to receive their credit. it will automatically appear in your amazon account in feb., 2013. yayyy! now, i wonder should i be soon hearing from b & n with similar good news?:)

arrright! barnes & noble finally came around too with an announcement of anticipated credits for their ebook customers in connection with the above-mentioned suit against three major ebook publishers. think i'll buy j.k. rowling's new book with part of my credits next year, and just maybe by then they'll have rolled back the price....:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom