Good to know....free 411

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
If you want to see the Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/free411.asp

Here you go:

Cell phone companies are charging $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 Information calls. Since no one carries a telephone directory in their Vehicle, they get away with it.

When you need to use the 411 Information option, simply dial 1(800) FREE 411, or 1(800)373-3411; you will incur no charge.

This works on your home telephone as well.

If you enter this number into your cell phone (I named mine 'Info') you will always have a way now to get a phone number if you need one.

This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

I have seen this many times and while it is true that it does exist i do not find it reliable at all. i have tried it a number of times and it has never found the number I was looking for, but regular 411 has it listed.

I do carry a phone directory in my vehicle...... and a magnifying glass :ermm:
One of the local directories makes a vehicle sized book that will handle my city :)

Thanks for the number though. It might be worth a try as a first option. I remember when that service used to be free.

I usually send a text to google (46645) with business name, city and state. It's free (as long as you have text messages in your plan) and I find texting preferable to talking to a machine.

There's also Google 411: 1-800-goog-411 (1-800-466-4411). Also free.

I have seen this many times and while it is true that it does exist i do not find it reliable at all. i have tried it a number of times and it has never found the number I was looking for, but regular 411 has it listed.
ditto. I have known of this for a while now, like a couple of years. you get the loudest ever recording supporting that company that paid for the free service so you have to listen it to first and then go for what you're looking for and like GB, I've not been successful.
I'd rather, sorry, wait until I get home or call someone to look up the number for me if I can't get to a directory myself.
Dipwad SIL told me to always call the MGM in Vegas as they're happy to look up a number, any number, for you. It's part of their exemplary service....................so I used to do that and always they'd answer with a smile in their voice.
sorry not meaning to ROYP, just voicing, believe me, I 'wish' it worked better

i prefer regular 411 cause actually finding your # is a hassle with them!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom