Goodbye Steubenville, Hello Sarasota!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shortchef

Senior Cook
At the end of the month we will be moving to south Florida. I am trying to decide what clothing to keep and what not to. Can anyone help me out? I know to keep one heavy coat for when I come north for Christmas but I have lots of jogging suits, sweatshirts, jeans, etc. Do you ever have to wear a jacket? We have always lived where there is snow and cold, so I am completely clueless. Please help! Thanks.:)

I don't live in Florida, but no matter where I lived, I would have a jacket or sweater. You may not need it for awhile, but once your body adjusts to the warmer winter temperatures you will find that you get cold at a higher temperature. For instance, when I stayed a winter in Argyle, Minnesota, when it got down to zero degrees F. (after a few weeks of the high temperature of the day being 15 below) we were wearing light sweaters. Now, in South Carolina, I wear a sweater when it gets into the 60s, and when it gets into the 30s I bundle up.

:)Barbara

good advice, barbara.

the west coast of florida does have enough days of 40-ish degree weather to warrant keeping your mid-weight clothing. mostly at night. it's a little colder than you'd think, at times.

when you get there, see if you can find a restaurant called "fast eddie's", on anna maria island. or it might be longboat key.

btw, good luck with your move. :)

Back
Top Bottom