Google calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
Does anyone her keep a calendar for appointments, work, etc?

I just looked into Google calendar. It makes my calendar avvailable from any PC or PDA. Multiple people who have calendars can allow others to see their calendar. Yes, there is the ability to hav things that asre not seen. It will do a two way exchange with your Outlook, if you use that as well.

So now my PDA and Google calendar sync to my outlook and all three match. Google also has an online word processor that will make your documents and spreadsheets available to you anywhere.

AC

http://calendar.google.com

I've just started using it along with my outlook. I'm not sure if I really like it or not yet...

I haven't been able to get it to sync with my iPod Touch, but I do have it synching with Outlook. I think Apple is making it hard for its products to work with Windows products, which aggravates me no end.

I use it because, I fix computers and all of my work is out of office. I can see my calendar form the PC that I am working on and when I get back to the office it is waiting for me. I do my billing in the office from that calendar.

It also makes it possible to share my calendar, at least the parts that I want to, with other consultants and hopefully garner more work from them.

AC

My DS is a techy, so my Blackberry is configured with Google Sync which acts as a backup in the event of a disaster with my Blackberry. Just drop the SIMM card in another Blackberry device and it's all back. Cost? $0 Ya gotta love it.

BTW, my Blackberry is indespensable to me as a productivity tool, despite its size compared to a standard phone. With 4 e-mail addresses (business, personal & 2 for non-profit orgs I work with) it keeps me connected to everything that's important to me, and does so at an affordable price. service is with T-Mobile and I pay $72 monthly for 1,000 minutes plus unlimited data transfer. For me this represents good value and maximum flexibility without having to lug around a laptop with me.

I just got an iPod touch and have been looking for something other than Outlook to use. Not that I dislike Outlook but we don't use it for anything.

GG ... any idea why it won't sync?

I use it for work and personal stuff. I love it. And I can send certain appointments to my boss so that he knows I set him up something to do. He loves it to

Even though I'm connected to cable, I use Yahoo as my e-mail provider instead of Outlook Express and also use Yahoo for my home page. There are so many things I can put onto my homepage and one of them is a calender. When I click on I see my calender for the entire week right there. It's good thing I have this on my homepage because I would never remember to look at the calendar on my fridge. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom