Got an idea...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's really good timing as far as I'm concerned as we are going to our daughters on Sunday and won't be back until 7th January. Got Garlic may want more than custard by then!!

V.B. We have different lifestyles, and different standards. And yet, you are my freind. It just goes to show that wildly different personalities, and even moralities can get along.

Though it's very late (not even close to the 2nd week in January), here's my recipe for you, and if you enjoy sweet things, it's a truly great recipe.

Raspberry, Butter-Cream Icing/Filling
I made this concoction 2 nights ago with both you and my son-in-law in mind, him because it was for his birthday cake, and you because it seems the perfect recipe for you. The icing came out silky smooth, with a texture that was creamy and soft, without being runny. It is far smoother than any ready-made icing I've ever had from a can, and is second only to stabilized whipped-cream icing for mouth texture, and that can be debated. The flavor is great, with a hint of tartness. And so, without further discription, here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
4 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar (10X)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbs. raspberry extract
2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
black or brown food coloring
1 tbs. water

Combine the butter and powdered sugar, mixing in the sugar until the icing is firm, but not too stiff. Add the vanilla extract, water, and raspberry extract. The liquid from these will dissolve the sugar, creating a silky smooth texture with absolutely no grainy texture. Add the raspberry jam and water, whisking together until all is smooth. Mix in the food coloring, a little at a time, until the desired color is achieved.

The icing, before adding the food coloring, is a pinkish color, as one would suspect. By adding either brown or black coloring, the flavor expectations of this confection are changed. The person eating it doesn't know what flavor to expect. When the full raspberry flavor hits them, it is a pleasant and unexpeted surprize.

Before putting the confection on a cake, make some up and try a bit of it on a spoon. You will find the texture to be so smooth and soft, that all kinds of uses will pop into your head. When I tried it, the first thing I thought of was a great filling for home-made chocolate/raspberry truffles. It would also work great as a filling for blitzes, long-johns, puff pastries, turn-overs, fry-pies, spread for buttered toast, on graham crackers, dipping sauce for fresh apple slkices, or banana, or even strawberries. You will assuredly come up with other uses. I would think this would make a great topping for a New York Cheesecake as well. Enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

i'm up for this, gw.

i'll give someone a recipe to make, but i'll need to know what they like or dislike, and how healthy or fatty that they like it. umm, the only problem is that i've pretty much posted any decent recipe that i make. lol, even some of the bad ones. :)

and i'd love to receive and make someone's recipe. just no baking. i can't bake to save my life.

i'm up for this, gw.

i'll give someone a recipe to make, but i'll need to know what they like or dislike, and how healthy or fatty that they like it. umm, the only problem is that i've pretty much posted any decent recipe that i make. lol, even some of the bad ones. :)

and i'd love to receive and make someone's recipe. just no baking. i can't bake to save my life.

BT; The spirit of this gift is that you create a new recipe, just for the person you select. Please, no earthworm stew. Make it real and deliscious. In the words cliche'd words of so many comercials, and Hollywood tag lines, You can Do It!:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Godoweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom