Got my battery replaced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
My car battery had reached the end of its life so I went to the shop on Sat to have it replaced. When I got back in my car afterwards I realized that all my radio pre-sets were gone of course. That is not a big deal because I only listen to one station on the radio anyway.

Later, my wife was in my car and I saw her look at the clock. I told her not to bother checking it because I had not reset it since having the battery changed. She looked at it anyway though and told me the time was correct. As it turns out, they changed by battery at exactly 12:00 in the afternoon. I thought that was so cool.

Either that or they set your clock for you! Seriously though, thats kind of neat. How often does stuff like THAT happen?

I checked my receipt and it actually was noontime :) I should have played the lottery that day.

I am reading The Stainless Steel Trio. Is is three books and I am just starting the third today.

I'm looking for a new book at WalMart today. What kind of books is the trilogy Stainless Steel? By whom?

I didn't know Michael Chrichton died. Rats. I really enjoy him. :(

Here is the Amazon page which will do a better job describing it than I could, but it is basically about an inter-planetary thief with a conscience. I would classify it as sci-fi kind of. The author is Harry Harrison. It is very light and quick reading.

I'm looking for a new book at WalMart today. What kind of books is the trilogy Stainless Steel? By whom?

I didn't know Michael Chrichton died. Rats. I really enjoy him. :(

His "Andromeda Strain" started my lifelong search for books, before the movie comes out. His dying was shock and sorrow, one of my favorite authors.

Back
Top Bottom