"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 05-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #11
Master Chef
I got to sleep at my grandmothers house once and I remember that they had Velveeta Cheese. What a treat that was for me.

I make a list and then I can't remember where I put it.

Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
Gramma mom always had salami,cheese, jello and pudding, Gramma pa had all kinds of veggies from her garden, fresh fruit, homemade butter,and made us the best milkshakes..
Lists, you bet, let me find the list to remember where I am and I'll get back to you

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:09 AM   #13
Head Chef
when i was small, you didn't look in the refridge, very impolite, but she always had m&ms in the brown candy dish and always cans of Pork &beans with hot dogs. We loved them when we were kids. She also made the beat salmon patties, to this day haven't had one like hers. She left us with the recipe and when I make them always think of her.

Cute story she would make us boiled potatoes and put butter on them and us kids would rave about them and asked our mother why hers don't taste like gramas. come to find out grama was a butter user and mom a margine. shows how much kids new butter was butter to us.

as far as list -- I am the list make queen. I have at least 2 list going at a time.
I write things on a 3x5 card as i go through each day and then i go and what i didn't get stays in the purse for the next time so i end up looking at 2-3 list at a time. If i didn't have a list somewhere i'd lose my mind for sure.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching
letscook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #14
Executive Chef
today is a for sure list day that I've already started. I have so much to do that I must cram all into one day, a list, that'll do it for me
...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #15
Head Chef
Grandma always had maraschino cherries in her fridge. That, and being from the depression era she was always hiding cash, and one of the empty juice concentrate containers in the far back was one the places she hid it. We couldn't eat that though...

And lists? I make all kinds of lists. The lists I'm usually on generally start with an S word that we can't use on a family site though...

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #16
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
Two things here:

1. What was always in your grandmothers refrigerator that you always knew you could find there and could eat/drink and be happy about.

2. Do you make lists?
Hershey Bars, Coors Light & Salami (granny does not like to cook)

I make lots of lists and always forget to bring them with me.
PanchoHambre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #17
Head Chef
My grandma always had hot dogs in her fridge. My cousins and I used to eat them raw as kids.. BLECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for lists, I make them when I have alot to do, and I dont have any problem with time management since we have just the apartment, no yard etc. I just take care of the apartment and laundry since I am unemployed right now, and Nick goes to work.

I only make lists for groceries and when I forget it I am completely lost and I am frustrated the whole time!
Saphellae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #18
Sous Chef
Klondikes!! Crunchy AND original.

Lists? Everywhere, I make lists to remember my lists. They are all over the house and in every purse/bag/wallet, back seat and front seat of car.... on and on....
JillBurgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #19
Executive Chef
My mom's a vegetarian and she doesn't cook or eat much. She seems to prefer Boost as the bulk of her daily intake. We always bring our own food to her house. But she does usually have yogurt with fruit in it. Fisher loves that.

I'm a list maker, too, but more for the reason Katie E mentioned - I love crossing out each task or chore on the list! Weekends here always start with a list that includes things that have to get done and then things that need doing. The whole family gathers on the front porch for coffee and juice Saturday morning and we go over the list. Then the list stays on the dining table so we can cross off stuff that gets done. (I'm not a taskmaster though - if someone suggests something fun to do, I can tear that list up in a heartbeat!
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #20
Master Chef
Polar bear neopolitan ice cream
freezer queen beef & gravy boil-in-bag meals
a flat of eggs
frozen cool whip
regent gingerale
popcorn cakes
nilla wafers & fudge-striped cookies
instant coffee

bleu cheese
light n' lively yogurt
butter sammiches
thin steak
cereal (kaboom & chocolate-marshmallow cereal)

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote