Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
It seemed to me that some of these famous singers cannot sing outside the studio, where sound effects take place. Some of them were rather pathetic. Not that i can sing, but I can hear the difference.

I paid little attention to the rappers, but loved Lady Gaga's tribute to Bowie.

Yeah, some can't sing...

We had the Grammys on last night. I'm not sure why. It's not as if we listen to the music they were celebrating. Should have watched the dog show...

I paid little attention to the rappers, but loved Lady Gaga's tribute to Bowie.

Yeah, some can't sing...

Yeah, she was good.

:rolleyes: As far as rappers, even they cannot seem to rap anymore. In the beginning of the rap there were some ok ones, now forget about, not that I ever like it.

But I was talking about that even Adele :(

And as a side note. They still judge all the top 100, disk this, disk that by the old standards. That needs to be changed. Never in the history people from around the world had instant access to records, songs, etc. And the kids nowadays are so spoiled they get everything instantaneously. I had to work an extra job in summer to buy a record player that I wanted, not the one my parents could afford. I'm not saying that there no good singers, etc. But it is just different.

We had the Grammys on last night. I'm not sure why. It's not as if we listen to the music they were celebrating. Should have watched the dog show...

Oh, yeah, same here. Well, our kids begged us for it and since they both been behaving and getting good grades we let them watch, and i kind of got stuck watching it too.

I felt so bad for Adele. The sound went out during the first verse of her song, and you could see the WTH? look on her face, but she kept on. There were horrible sound difficulties during her whole song and it threw her off her pitch. She normally has an absolutely flawless voice and can really belt them out.

I also changed channels when the rappers were on, same with Bieber. LOL. I do enjoy watching awards shows.

Last edited:
Check out Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp too! And Bonnie Rait's tribute to BB King.

So many studios now uses autotune when recording. Folks don't have to stay on pitch, the computer will adjust it to make it pitch perfect! I think that's why the newer artists don't tour.

Well the very end is on tonight. German Short Hair Pointer is the top dog.

I watched the Grammy's once many years ago. All I got out of it was a lot of screaming from the audience. Never watched it again. And then there is Kanye West. Way too arrogant for me. I wouldn't watch anything that he is part of. :angel:

Last edited:
Didn't know the dog show was on yesterday, otherwise I would have watched it instead of the Grammy rappers, or flipped back and forth. As far as the dog show, CJ was cool. We have a few friends who have German shorthairs, sweetest dogs. A chiropracter friend's three GS and two cats occupied all the seats in his waiting room, you had to boot one off in order to sit down.

I was rooting for Charlie the Skye. Rumor the shepard was the one expected to win from the beginning. Loved Annabelle the bulldog too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom