Granny's Pie Crust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Granny made such beautiful pies! One day, I asked her, “How do you get such beautiful pies with the crimps around the edge so even?”

“Well, it's a family secret,” she said. “But if you promise not to tell, I'll let you in on it.”
“Okay,” I said. “Tell me!”

“Well, first, I roll out the dough, making sure it is flat and even. Then I cut out the bottom layer and carefully put it in the pie plate and make sure it is firmly against the sides of the plate.”

“Then I slowly pour in the filling, making sure it's not too full. Next, I cut out the top layer and carefully put it over the filling.”

“Finally, I take out my teeth and just run them around the edge of the pie crust and they make the nicest, even impressions you ever did see!”

You really had me going there!

Attachments

• laughing.gif
    laughing.gif
    17 KB · Views: 124
I guess that explains why everyone was complaining about the Polident aftertaste in granny's pies.

My Grand Daughter informed the whole of her Nursery Class that her Nana was the cleverest person in the world because she could take out a set of teeth!!

Gosh----I wish we could all get together for a drink(whether if you preferred coke or some vino) after 5 pm some day----the stories and jokes that we could all share---is that what they mean by sinking your teeth into something?

Back
Top Bottom