"Grazing" at Goodwill again today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Was looking something for my brother today when I spied a really, really nice-looking 12-inch skillet. Said "Green Life" on it and it was in pristine shape, save for some cooked-on splatter on the underside. Nothing a dose of Easy-Off oven cleaner couldn't solve. Three bucks and it was mine.

Looked it up and discovered what I'd brought home was a $36 piece of cookware. Gonna try it with a hefty slice of ham tonight for supper.

Great pan. Nice substantial handle with a heat-resistant pad on the underside. I'm thinking it's going to like this pan.

I'll give it another test tomorrow morning when I task it to fry some eggs.

BTW, the Easy-Off took care of the underneath side. Looks like new!

I would love to go shopping with you, Katie. Another great find.

Come on any time! I'm headed to two Goodwill stores today. Not looking for anything in particular but there's always a chance I'll happen upon some treasure.

This summer I stumbled on a Vera Wang handbag for $3. It's wonderful and I used it until a few weeks ago when I went to my fall bag.

You are a good sleuth for bargains Katie.

My most recent find was a popover pan at a thrift store. Maybe a dollar minus 40% on Tuesday senior citizen day, the only day I shop there. Practically brand new except for some stuck on dough in the bottom of the cups. Easily removed with a hot water soak, a sponge and regular dish soap!

I previously bought 2 popover pans retail. They both wound up at Dx's house because I got tired of trucking them back and forth and it seemed we mostly made popovers at her house. Found another one at a garage sale. Somehow that deposited itself in her cupboard as well. This one is Mine. I made popovers when she was here for dinner and she never blinked or asked nor probably gave it a thought about the pan itself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom