"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-13-2008, 12:15 AM   #111
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I noticed here in SoCal some of the supermarkets in very high income areas have disinfectant wipes available outside next to the shopping cart area.
Nothing like that in mi barrio.....
we have the wipes here too in Pa. I use them and wash my hands when I get home.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:48 AM   #112
Executive Chef

I have only one real pet peave. AND, it's already been mentioned.

I work nights. Can't help it; that's how the restaurant industry works. Because of the price of gas, I will make one weekly grocery run. However, since I drive right by a super wally world on the way home, I will often stop to pick up something I forgot on the weekly trip. Used to be, this was a gallon of milk, about one a day. However, this policy of shutting down ALL self-serve registers at 10 pm, closing down all but 2 - 3 of the regular registers, and only two "express" registers, WHEN THE STORE IS PACKED WITH CUSTOMERS UNTIL AFTER MIDNIGHT, make NO freaking sense to me. Many times I've waited, patiently, for over 20 minutes to buy one gallon milk, while it only takes me 4 minutes to park, walk into the store, back to dairy, grab the gallon, and walk up to the registers.

Up in MI, the Meier's would leave their self-serve registers open all night.

Luckily for me now, the kids don't drink as much milk as they used to, AND, I've got a couple other stores that I can buy milk from if I need to, with the same or lower price/gallon on milk, and a lot less waiting time at the register.

</rant>

Old 08-13-2008, 03:44 AM   #113
Master Chef

Sometimes Walgreens and or CVS pharmacies will put their milk on sale for the whole week and at good prices...........same for pizzas
Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 AM   #114
Executive Chef

I know I have already told you about lady who opened jar and not only smelled it but tasted it! When I said you shouldn't do that! She shrugged her shoulders and said no english!! When I went to manager about it he said he didn't have enough people to patrol the stock and the customers too. Same thing happened to Whole Foods all the time. First time it shocked me, now I just accept nothing person can do to change people who don't understand.

Shopping at night would be perfect for those who can't tolerate small annoyances. Guess you won't know, if you don't see it.

I sure don't know if I am doing myself a favor by reading this thread! Who started talking about something so aggravating? Do you think expressing your dislikes helps? Maybe if I read these comments often enough, it won't upset me because I know there are you people out there who feel the same way I do!

Amen I AM trying to be a better person. Really I am!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #115
Master Chef

Goodness, In the Kitchen, I have never witnessed what you've experienced.......once in awhile, I'll see someone tasting a grape but that's about it.......and yes, I have seen people put items back where they don't belong but not perishables.......maybe I shop at the wrong times.....mornings and afternoons.......never at night if I can help it......DH gets home too late..........and yes, I will sometimes take a bottle of water or diet Sprite and drink it in the store but I always pay for it..........and I once took back a sack of beef that was missed by the cashier, stood in line again, and paid for it.......sorry that you've had these experiences..... how frustrating....hope that it improves..:)