Gross food challenge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Canned chicken, anybody??
canned%20chicken%203.jpg
OMG ! That is GROSS !

Liver Pate' , or how about..................

img_1177034_1_e435c8853f4612b5726dae58465c883f.jpg

A nice, plump rabbit..... roasted !

img_1177034_2_8f00d2818290726e5cddde9a84a5175c.jpg

Or, you could make soup with these.......

img_1177034_3_a0949378b5bb6fa7e2d4e2144d5a892a.jpg

Last edited:
CWS4322 said:
Not sure if you mean that sauerkraut and lutefisk are relatively normal foods, or not. When I think MN, lutefisk does come to mind (there are still lutefisk dinners at the local Lutheran churches around Christmas time). I never ate okra until I started growing it in the garden, but I tried lutefisk once--that was enough for me. I do love sauerkraut, however. My grandmother ate lutefisk fairly often.

Yes I mean they are relatively normal :) my mom LOVES sauerkraut. She would enjoy eating it plain, with a fork lol. And quite a few people in my family enjoy lutefisk. My aunt brings it for Christmas sometimes. I've never been able to bring myself to try it.

Yes I mean they are relatively normal :) my mom LOVES sauerkraut. She would enjoy eating it plain, with a fork lol. And quite a few people in my family enjoy lutefisk. My aunt brings it for Christmas sometimes. I've never been able to bring myself to try it.
:LOL:That's what I thought--normal foods (although, I'm not sure those in other areas would agree)!

luckytrim said:
OMG ! That is GROSS !

Liver Pate' , or how about..................

A nice, plump rabbit..... roasted !

Or, you could make soup with these.......

I don't know where I would get chicken feet, and the rabbit just looks delicious!!

The problem with many of the foods I would find on the bizarre foods site is not being able to find them. I looked for like a top ten list on there or something like that and I didn't see anything.

So far this is what the lineup is looking like:

1. Liver (cooked, unseasoned, cold)
2. Whole raw onion
3. Brussels sprouts (cooked, unseasoned, cold)
4. Sauerkraut
5. Can of sardines

Bf wants to ask a butcher about getting some "Colorado oysters" lol. The Brussels sprouts and sauerkraut are definitely still up for debate. Well, any of them, really, if there are any other fun ideas we like better. If we can find lutefisk and it isn't too expensive that might make it on there, or pigs feet. Are pickled pigs feet any good?

Last edited:

That would have been an interesting picture if they had found a small, thin model's hand reaching in for one of those feet. Ideally her hand would have to be as close to the feet as possible. I think it would have been a psychologically disturbing picture. Even the picture above is a bit disturbing because of the slight resemblance of these feet to human hands.

Now..let me clarify....the only thing on my list that I do not enjoy is the crisco sandwich. Most folks I know, find all of the items on that list objectionable for one reason or another. The crisco sandwich is one of the few things I balk at trying. I worked with a guy many years ago (circa 1984/85) who brought his lunch to work. He ate at least one crisco sandwich everyday. I wonder if he is still alive.....
I've never had a Crisco sandwich. But, I do like something that Danes & Swedes eat (could be Norwegians, Finns, Icelanders too, but I don't know for sure). Heavy, dark rye bread (rugbrød) smeared with pig fat (from cooking, not lard) with salt and pepper. Not something I would want much of in a go or every day. It tastes better in the cold of winter.

I've never had a Crisco sandwich. But, I do like something that Danes & Swedes eat (could be Norwegians, Finns, Icelanders too, but I don't know for sure). Heavy, dark rye bread (rugbrød) smeared with pig fat (from cooking, not lard) with salt and pepper. Not something I would want much of in a go or every day. It tastes better in the cold of winter.
I must admit...I do like to dip some bread in roasted pig drippin's.

Them chicken feet reminded me of the VooDoo Chicken Stock that Kathleen mentioned a while back. Gonna have to try to make it some time. 'Course, these days our local grocer has taken to labeling chicken feet as "chicken paws"......Lawd have mercy!

In reply to the sour kraut and the lutefisk, using relatively normal foods make it somewhat more interesting, because it is luck of the draw. You might get something you don't mind at all, while the other person detests it. You actually get to pick one (it will be covered so you don't know what you're picking) and then pick who you want to go up against. Since its a family and friends situation, if you happen to know someone doesn't like what you picked you can use that to your advantage :) I like the boiled okra idea a little too much- if I'm still in the game for the 5th round I don't want to be stuck with that one!!!!! Lol!

We also ruled out lard because of the high fat/calorie content. It would just be too unhealthy to eat enough of it to make it worth having it in the game. Loving the ideas tho!

What is tripe?
If I'm not mistaken, tripe is the lining of a cow's stomach. It is used in Menudo (a Mexican stew or soup).

Somethin' else that just occurred to me...I was enjoying a big glass of milk and Pepsi.
(Don't holler at me... I know it is loaded with HFCS)
Mrs Hoot says that it is gross....but it truly ain't. It tastes similar to an ice cream float just not as sweet.

Somethin' else that just occurred to me...I was enjoying a big glass of milk and Pepsi.
(Don't holler at me... I know it is loaded with HFCS)
Mrs Hoot says that it is gross....but it truly ain't. It tastes similar to an ice cream float just not as sweet.
It is a great cure if you had a little too much to drink the night before.

That would have been an interesting picture if they had found a small, thin model's hand reaching in for one of those feet. Ideally her hand would have to be as close to the feet as possible. I think it would have been a psychologically disturbing picture. Even the picture above is a bit disturbing because of the slight resemblance of these feet to human hands.

It's my picture, and I'm gonna remember your suggestion.............

Hey, how about Tripe ?
Used to have to eat that when I was a kid............. ugly stuff !

I love sauerkraut! I like it cooked, and I like it cold straight from the can.

I get a craving for pickled pigs feet every few years, but I just buy a small jar because one or two are all I want. They are good now and then, but not something I want a lot of. :cool: They would be great for your challenge because they are ugly. :LOL:

The only time I've had to handle tripe is green tripe. This is what the family with which I lived fed their Newfoundland and Basset Hound. I will spare you the details (and my reaction to having to cut it up and feed the dogs). Given my experience with green tripe at the age of 16, I will never buy tripe to cook it. I have since fed green tripe to my dogs on occasion, but it was frozen and, well, that would be TMI. This is a food forum.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom