Gross food challenge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never had a Crisco sandwich, but I did take sugar sandwiches to school when I was a kid. That was made with butter and white sugar.

Once a year the Italians who are friends of my DH have a party where they serve Baroldi,:yum: a blood sausage, filled with pine nuts and herbs and spices. The first time I saw them I refused them and ate bbq'd pork chops instead.
Now I can't get enough of them. They are served at a family table along with ribs,pesto,salad,soup antipasto plate with cheese,salami,olives,pickles,radishs,garlic bread that is oh so good. Of course the baroldi :yum: make many people want to run for the door. These sausages would be a wonderful come and get it.
kadws

I reckon there are all manner of blood sausages, or blood puddings..I like 'em!
Boudin noir...I wish I could find them more often.
I suppose I could make 'em myself, but I sure don't want to gross out Mrs Hoot more than necessary!

Boudin (noir) is available in most supermarkets here in Greater Montreal. I have never tried it, but would like to. What do I do with it once I get it home?

Kadesma.

In Spain, they are called Morcilla in Spanish and Blood Sausage in American English or Black Pudding in UK English ...

Throughout The Iberian Peninsula, they are a thick large black sausage, filled with pinenuts, Pig´s Blood which is what gives them their extraordinaire flavor and tender texture and there are many varieties, for example: rice, onion or other similiar vegetable stuffing ... They are grilled or placed in bean stews ... And are delicious ...

I prepare them in bean stews, however, at the end of the preparation because otherwise, they break up extremely easily. They are wonderful with lentils, cannelli white beans or red Tolosa Navarran beans or even black beans or Pinto beans.

Have lovely August,
Margi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom