Growing up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay I don't know who told my son he could grow up... but I'm NOT liking it :mad:

Today was his first school dance :(

Tomorrow it'll be prom and next week he'll be getting married :cry:

It goes by fast, my 12 year old girl has been on a growth spurt for the last 2 years, I might have to raise the ceilings. :ohmy:

Middie - When you have grand kids, you can love them, hold them and "wind them up. then when the diapers need to be changed and they won't go to sleep, because they are wound up. You get to give them back to mom and go to sleep. Just kidding. I love my daughter and my grand kids, who are not 18 and 16. I wish I had seem more of them wher they were young.

AC

How old is he? I swear our 15 y.o. grew 3 inches in one week. The other day we were walking side by side and looked over at him, did a double take, then looked at his feet to see if he was wearing platform shoes. :LOL:

I want to be a grandma!! You will change your mind when he really is grown up, Middie. Believe me. I never though about it until mine grew up, kinda grew up anyway, hehe
I miss having a small one around to play with and buy for. It's a shocker when they do start though. Everything is just like their first word, first step, now, first girlfriend, first break up, etc... Lots of fun:wacko:

I want to be a grandma!! You will change your mind when he really is grown up, Middie. Believe me. I never though about it until mine grew up, kinda grew up anyway, hehe
I miss having a small one around to play with and buy for. It's a shocker when they do start though. Everything is just like their first word, first step, now, first girlfriend, first break up, etc... Lots of fun:wacko:
Stacy,
I can't wait to see you with a grand baby..That child will be one of the worlds luckiest and be so loved it will make the world smile.
kades

Hey Middie I have 11 grandchildren, and at first (so long ago) I was not real receptive to the idea. That being said, at 49yo (the oldest is 12) I'm still "young"(?) enough to enjoy doing things with them.

And while it doesn't hurt that I'm the worlds oldest adolescent, I now consider myself fortunate to be in this position. A good example is this past August, we loaded 3 of them up and took them to The Great Wolf Lodge (A great, family oriented place,BTW) and I was able to keep up with them stride for stride. It didn't take long for then to accept me as one of "their own". And now, I realize how lucky I really am.

Now, that being said, if your son decides he wants to be a musician, PM me ASAP!!:LOL::LOL:

Aw man I don't want to be a granny !!!!!!

Being a grandparent is the best part. You take the cute little tyke places and everyone showers him with compliments while you sit back and smile wirh pride, thinking, "THAT'S MY GRANDSON!".

You can teach him to do all the improper stuff parents aren't allowed to and when he's a pain where the sun don't shine, you give him back and say, "YOUR SON is being a pain, take him!".

smoke king....you're 49 with a 12 year old grandkid?! Holy cow~! I bet everyone thinks you're the daddy!

Middie - talk about feeling like the kids are getting older...my 16 year old just started working his first job, at a Christmas Tree place. I swear it was just a couple of years ago that he was riding on dh's shoulders, to pick one out, saying "dis is da biggest one evah!"

at least he hasn't started dating yet!

Shhhhhhh Jkath dont give him any ideas !!! lol
You should hear remarks he makes when he sees girls.

RobsanX Billy is 11. He'll be 12 in February.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom