"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-14-2008, 04:44 AM   #10041
Master Chef

oh, yes, that made the mud clearer.....must be a memorial....look up buffalo memorial or a grave site would be a place to start...not that's what it is but Barbara is very good with her hints :):)

Old 08-14-2008, 08:13 AM   #10042
Master Chef

Is it a monument for "Miracle" the sacred white buffalo from Janesville, WI

Old 08-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #10043
Master Chef

That sounds good, SizzlinIn!!! white buffalo....never heard of it..........hope that you're right......:)
Old 08-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #10044
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
oh, yes, that made the mud clearer.....must be a memorial....look up buffalo memorial or a grave site would be a place to start...not that's what it is but Barbara is very good with her hints :):)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN View Post
Is it a monument for "Miracle" the sacred white buffalo from Janesville, WI
It's not a monument for any buffalo, and it is in Kansas. Actually expatgirl is the closest so far, since she used one of the words in her post. I am just looking for the generic term of what it is. I will be leaving in a few minutes, but I will check anyway in case anyone gets it before we have to check out of the hotel. This will be the last thing I will pack.

Barbara
Old 08-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #10045
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Well, we have to hit the road, so since expat was closest, I'm going to give it to her. It is a grave marker in Cowly County, Kansas. All I was looking for was grave marker/gravestone/headstone.

See you all later. I'm off to meet another DC member now. Not saying who yet.

Barbara
Old 08-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #10046
Master Chef

oh, goodness, Barbs, can't you be meaner like some of the others??????............I'll really try....can someone send some EASY instructions on posting a picture.......if I have problems I'll pass it on........bad girl.........hubby doesn't get home until your times tomorrow morning in the states....it'll be evening for us here.........by the way how do y'all find your pics to post??????? most of what I find is copyrighted and you can't download them....I have several ideas in mind but I don't want to waste time....if somone wants to do a filler pic.....please be my guest..........and fire ahead.........in other words go ahead and post a pic..........:)
Old 08-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #10047
Certified Pretend Chef

First you have to have a copy of the photo on your computer. If it's on the internet, right click on the photo and you should get a menu. One of the choices is save picture as... or similar. Click on that and save it to your desktop.

Then come here and clock on Post Reply. Type your directions, (where is this building, etc) then scroll down to Manage Attachments. Click on that then in the new window that pops up, click on browse. Then go to your desktop and select the newly saved photo. Then click on upload, then close window. That should do the trick. Click on post reply and you are done.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #10048
Master Chef

thanks so much, Andy..........have saved your instructions to my computer and will try it later.......it's 11:15pm and hubby is really tired and wants to go to bed.....what's wrong with him???? I know that it's lunchtime for those of you in the states or close to it so someone with some extra time, please post something to keep our addicts occupied.......of course anyone else from somewhere else in the world who is wide awake now..........we've got a lot of Aussies on this site, too.........if we're hopeless I'll let you know.........someone be mean and post something noone has ever heard of......:):):) we've got some great sleuths on this thread..........
Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 AM   #10049
Traveling Welcome Wagon

You can do it expat! I have faith in you!

Barbara
Old 08-15-2008, 05:17 AM   #10050
Master Chef

well, with that encouragement, Barbs, I'll give it my best shot.......sorry that y'all might have to wait..........please, anyone who wants to post just do so..........I'm really sorry to hold up the thread........I know, I really shouldn't post in the first place but I was just giving others leads.... .but I didn't think that Barbs would be so easy to please.....:):):):)