Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmm.......another YT in the making? I take it that this is a handmade device as opposed to commercially made. I'm also assuming you own it and took this picture so we're SOL in finding a pic of it on the net???? :w00t:

Does that handle on the left come all the way out to be used as a tool of some sort, or is it’s only function to stay in the device and move the wheel?

Wrong! You can find pics on the net, but ya gots t' know what it is first -catch 22!!!!!!! This one is hand made, but there are commercially made versions.

Man, I thought this would be easy for my first time out. Ok - here's what we got - it's less than a foot long, it's a tool, has nothing to do with cooking, the 'handle' on the left side is removable, the groove in the wheel does not guide a wire, but it does contain a silk thread -- next hint -- it did not originate in the US of A .......... next?

i'd like to know what the roundish thing in the middle is and what it's filled with.... but i guess if I knew that i would probably have a pretty good idea of what it is :)

sticking with the sewing theme - is it a tool [antique perhaps] to wind bobbins or wind thread, yarn, etc?

the removable part is called a prin, it works with an end feed shuttle, when the prin (bobbin) is fully wound.

Buck - not for footware
Andy and YT - good guesses - way wrong, but good:LOL::LOL: oh, Andy M - it's not ash, but close

Hmmmmmm - very observent, expatgirl

healthyfoodie - not related to sewing in any way

Back
Top Bottom