Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All righty. So, what is this thing?

CRBIN.jpg

That was a interseting removal of letters - that should say wrist watch - guess the filter thought I was being rude!!

Last edited:
miniman, I saw the explanation and still wonder. No one would actually wear this as a timepiece, only as a gimmicky piece of jewelery.

Count the dots, then multiply some of the dots by 15 then...

I don't think so.

miniman, I saw the explanation and still wonder. No one would actually wear this as a timepiece, only as a gimmicky piece of jewelery.

Count the dots, then multiply some of the dots by 15 then...

I don't think so.

I have a friend who wears several different Tokyoflash watches and loves them. The Shinshoku watch actually appeals to the obsessive compulsive in me. I actually find myself dividing numbers in my head to their prime numbers whenever a number is said, so the idea of doing simple math to read a watch is oddly appealing to me.

...I actually find myself dividing numbers in my head to their prime numbers whenever a number is said, so the idea of doing simple math to read a watch is oddly appealing to me.

And do you have your bedside alarm clock set 20 minutes fast so you can do some quick mental subtraction every morning.

And do you have your bedside alarm clock set 20 minutes fast so you can do some quick mental subtraction every morning.

Actually, one of my watches is 15 minutes fast. Another is automatically set by the Atomic Clock at 2 AM every morning. My bedroom clock is about 20-30 minutes fast (unsure exactly) and is turned so that I can't see the display from the bed. I do the mental math on the watch, though, when the alarm goes off, since it's the way I tell time when I'm in bed. All of my cars (I have 4) have different times set on the clocks, and the microwave and oven in the kitchen each have different times.

I also count stairs, as well as add phone numbers together (pretty much subconciously, since I don't realize I'm doing it until I'm well into it) to try and find some sort of continuity/pattern. For example, we'll use 555-1252. I can get 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, and on from there by adding different combinations of numbers from the phone number. That shows a continuity in the numbers that to me is pretty gratifying mentally.

I have no issue with mental math exercises. I do some myself.

I have never understood setting any timepiece to a time other than the correct time as the very first thing you do when you look at it is calculate the correct time...

I have never understood setting any timepiece to a time other than the correct time as the very first thing you do when you look at it is calculate the correct time...

Unless every clock is wrong, so you just make sure you leave before the earliest one/arrive before the earliest one. ;) When I switch between watches, my brain doesn't realize the correct time. I automatically do the math, and wind up early a goodly portion of the time, which is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom