Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it a testing device, or part of one? (a form of probe?)

Dang, you are persistent! That's close enough. Very good!

Yep. It's a "witch's hat" or O-Scope probe cap (technically "Retractable Hook Tip"). Here's a shot of one installed on a probe. It is spring loaded and it slips onto the end of an O-Scop probe. It has a hook on the end for attaching to signal wires so that you can take readings hands free (no need to hold the probe on that point).

Man.....I thought that would be harder. Ok, you're up! :)

what_3.jpg

Probe_Cap.jpg

Last edited:
I used to use an old wood burning Tektronix scope that had a similar probe feature. Oddly enough that never came to mind when I saw this pic.

I'll post inna minnit.

I used to use an old wood burning Tektronix scope that had a similar probe feature.

:shock: You're kidding! I had no idea! That's cool!

Here's a shot of the two Tektronix scopes I'm using. The top is an older analog scope (still can't do without those for some things!), and the bottom is a digital scope.

scopes.jpg

Okay campers, it's payback time!

Several of you have posted pix of really obscure or hard to guess stuff.

I defy anyone to guess what this is.

I will identify the material in the photograph only after I have received sufficient pleas and begs for mercy.

In the unlikely event that one of you is sufficiently perspicacious or persistent enough to actually triumph, I shall eat humble pie and reward you appropriately.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let the games begin. What is this stuff?

:shock: You're kidding! I had no idea! That's cool!

Here's a shot of the two Tektronix scopes I'm using. The top is an older analog scope (still can't do without those for some things!), and the bottom is a digital scope.

View attachment 3096

When I said wood burning I meant it. This scope had vacuum tube electronics and took several minutes to warm up!

Also notice the TWO carrying handles on top. Moving the stupid thing would give you a hernia!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom