Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me too! So far all I know is that pacanis raises chickens (I've always wanted to do that!) and that there was a mayor in Puerto Rico in the 1800s named Pacanis. Mostly I get, "Did you mean pecans?" LOL

:)Barbara

My thinking was that because pacanis is from Pennsylvania the first two letters of the username "PA" are his/her location. That leaves "canis" which is Latin for "dog". Thinking about dogs led to thinking of intestinal worms. Don't ask me how my brain works, it's too scary to contemplate. I just have to live with it. AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Obviously you are right Buck! I hadn't gotten that far--had to make tapioca pudding. Normally I spot things like that, but I think because it was lower case it didn't stick out right away. I was actually going to search canis but never stopped to think of the PA part! And I knew (from my thread about Cubbie) that pacanis has trained dogs. Sheesh! Darned tapioca! LOL

Last edited:
LOL I could eat tapioca pudding every day! If they don't like it, that just means more for me! Speaking of eggs, have you ever noticed that large pearl tapioca, when cooked, looks like frog eggs? :LOL:

I never realized that.

Just a minute.

Wait..........
Wait..........
Wait.........

Hey! You're right!

I just ran out to the frog coop and checked. Several of the frogs had just laid eggs. I lifted them up off their nests and looked at the fresh eggs.

You are a genius!

I never realized that.

Just a minute.

Wait..........
Wait..........
Wait.........

Hey! You're right!

I just ran out to the frog coop and checked. Several of the frogs had just laid eggs. I lifted them up off their nests and looked at the fresh eggs.

You are a genius!

Very good for this time of year. Yes we have often commented on the resemblelence between frog spawn and tapioca pudding.

ding, ding, ding.....

You got it Buck, or close enough anyway.

They are dried up tapeworm segments (what are often described as looking like grains of white rice when they are "passed"). The segments contain the eggs. The segments dry up, break open releasing the eggs and an intermediate host comes along (hungry flea pupae) where they develop. Then poochy eats the adult flea containing the tapeworm and that's how your dog gets tapeworm. Can't get 'em from eating the eggs themselves. Which is probably a good thing because the dried up segments look like sesame seeds.

Beware the pet owner's couch that looks like someone was eating a sesame seed roll on it :ohmy:

Next :)

Allentown... Billy Joel song, Tom Cruise movie, Slapshot movie maybe, too.... I think it was filmed there anyway.
Not much happens up here on the lake.

I've seen that pic before..... It's going to kill me until someone figures it out or I remember :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom