Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jennyema said:
is it SYDNEY?

Nope, not Sydney, either.

Somebody has to guess this! I can't because I don't have a good photo to replace it with!! :wacko:

I do know exactly what and where it is though.. :mrgreen:

John

Big places on water ....

It looks like it has a sports facility on the left and I know that wherever the Detroit Red Wings play (at least the last time I was there which was 10 years ago) is round (I am pretty sure) and on the water.

So is it Detroit?

jennyema said:
Big places on water ....

It looks like it has a sports facility on the left and I know that wherever the Detroit Red Wings play (at least the last time I was there which was 10 years ago) is round (I am pretty sure) and on the water.

So is it Detroit?

Yes, Yes it is! We have a winner! (Although that's Cobo Hall in the picture. Joe Louis Arena would be a bit further to the left if the picture was wider)

Now how would I have recognized it so fast?? :angel:

John

I was thinking Joe Louis arena.

I used to travel a lot on business and remember walking endlessly around that place during a 4 day meeting in Detroit. I also rode the monorail around a bunch just to see the city. IMO it was so sad seeing those gorgious old buildings boarded up. I also had a drink at that revolving cocktail lounge. Cheesy but a nice view.

My next guess might have been Cleveland, though I don't think their sports arenas are on the water (though the old baseball staudium was).

kveus309s.jpg

WHAT BUILDING IS THIS AND WHERE IS IT?

That's the Wrigley Building in Chicago!

How about this??

Tiger_Stadium.jpg

John

Last edited:
phinz said:
Nebbermind. I got it to work.

What is the building in the foreground and why was it built?

:mrgreen:
The San Jacinto Monument is dedicated "to Heroes of the Battle of San Jacinto and all others who
contributed to the independence of Texas." The monument is a 570-foot limestone shaft topped by a
34-foot, 220-ton star symbolizing the Lone Star Republic.

Did I ever mention that I lived in Texas for 3 years? :mrgreen:

John

Ok, maybe this one will take someone more than a minute...

Where and what? (Okay, trying again from a better server...)

HIO009.jpg

John

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom