Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you're right, Renee, I'm going to be upset......
I guessed that a page or two back ;)

Whew...... :LOL:

OK, I don't think this has been asked before, but what size is this thing; shot glass, cocktail glass, 23 oz mug? Give me something I can relate to :) Everything I've looked at is around eyepiece to lens body size with some resemblance, but no exact matches.... nor would I think any of the things I've looked at be used as a toy or made into a toy. And I've looked at quite a few science kits. Way, way too many :wacko:
BTW, do you know someone on the web is selling gasoline super soakers? Complete with gas can and matches? :ohmy:
:LOL:

Thar has come up a couple times now, but I would say it is more slang than misspelled... how else would you say "that thar over yonder"? Well, I wouldn't say that at all, but you know what I mean ;) But I have singled out thar anyway for its repetition and also spin and scope and maybe broaden.....

Now, they haven't lead me anywhar,,,,
So a couple "WAGs" would be a simple monocular and/or a night vision scope, but those guesses don't hold true to the "if you know what it does, you know what it is" clue, as they aren't really broken apart that way. And the dang thing is a modern toy now. That one really has me stumped.

So............ that's where I'm at. No closer today than I was yesterday.

Okay I'm going to take a stab at this.........I think it could be one of the 2.

A brass loupe magnifier
or
A brass magnifier used to view photos or documents up closely

Nope x 4.

Here are pictures of 4 other versions of this same item. They all do the same thing and are technically the same device.

Attachments

• guess.jpg
    guess.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 160
  • guess2.jpg
    guess2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 165
  • guess4.jpg
    guess4.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 173
  • guess3.jpg
    guess3.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 173
Some kind of rangefinder?

That bullet looking ring is weird. This item must have been important enough to have it with you all the time... I guess.

Back
Top Bottom