Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's funny, the first thing I thought of when I saw that picture was a pencil sharpener, but I just figured that was too easy! Good job Katie!

:)Barbara

That was the furthest thing from my mind. Like I said, I just can't believe the time and effort went into building such a bulky contraption to sharpen pencils.
Not unless they were used at a pencil manufacturer that supplied presharpened ones.

That was the furthest thing from my mind. Like I said, I just can't believe the time and effort went into building such a bulky contraption to sharpen pencils.
Not unless they were used at a pencil manufacturer that supplied presharpened ones.
I think I must have seen one in the past. I don't think I would have thought of it otherwise.

Okay, y'all. What are these? What's significant about them?

Attachments

• mystery2.jpg
    mystery2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 164
I know I have seen them before, but I can't remember what they are! It is kind of tickling the edges of my brain, so hopefully I will remember!

They put plastic pieces INSIDE the cake?
What is that for? Does it symbolize fertility or something..... or if you choke on one, then they know to shut you off from the bar? :LOL:

Sheesh! I just read about these in my Daily Guideposts. LOL pacanis! They symbolize the wise men bringing gifts to the Christ Child. According to the article I read, whoever finds the baby has to bring a King Cake to the next gathering.

Thanks for posting that link Katie, it is very interesting. I had a feeling you were on top of things and were probably posting as I wrote my post!

That was interesting. I had no idea the Mardi Gras had anything to do with religion.
Where do the beads factor in? :ohmy:
;)

lol, wouldn't you know I just got an email from King Arthur, where I had ordered some of my baking supplies from (obviously), and they are advertising King Cake. No plastic babies shown in the email though.

oops, yeah.... close enough huh?
Blame it on wiki if the spelling wasn't correct.
I could have just said Rub Board :LOL:
The spoons gave it away for a quick search Cajun washboard instrument. I had a feeling you were keeping it in the spirit of MG.

Back in a few. I have GOT to get these online bills played :ermm: errr, I mean payed ;)

It''s tough to send babies by email because their crying messes up the mail servers. It's best to send babies by snail mail, but they take extra postage and have to have their diapers changed immediately upon arrival.

uhhh, not if you don't feed them for a few days before you send them, Buck.... I guess :ermm:
Aww, that aint right ;) (insert Larry the Cable Guy mutterings after an off key joke here)

OK, Could be hard..... could be a foot race (finger race?)

What is the dog in THIS avatar?
Either breed name will do.

Back
Top Bottom