Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's the kind of dog John Jr had.....
No, but my dog and the Canaan are very often found doing the same searches, but they are not related.

LOL I thought of a Canaan Dog too--guess I should look at all the posts before going off to check! LOL

Hey pacanis, did you watch Westminster? I always thought dog shows looked stupid--and then I got hooked on that one!

:)Barbara

No Barbara, I didn't give it too much notice this year. A couple people I knew sent me stuff on who was in the show and which breeder I knew of had what dog, but I really didn't care aside from knowing someone who had judged Uno before and given him a BIS.
I might have to get into that mentality though, since Pierce's breeder still wants to show him (my pup).
Show dogs aren't high on my list as "real" dogs. Not unless they are dual champions and can actually still do what they were originally bred to do.

Besides, aren't Canaans black and white? I'm gonna have to look that one up!

Son of a gun.
I just got Buck's email notification on his guess.....
Right after your Barbara! You really gotta stay on the board to keep up I guess.

Show dogs aren't high on my list as "real" dogs. Not unless they are dual champions and can actually still do what they were originally bred to do.
That's actually one of the things I do like about Westminster. I'm sure some of the dogs are just kept to show, but they point out the lives that some of them lead (romping with the kids, drinking out of the toilet, lol, etc.). One of the dogs had had part of his ear ripped off when he was herding goats and his owner sewed it back on himself. That dog isn't herding goats anymore, but some of the dogs do still work some. The St. Bernard that won his class is the one that is in the new movie "Snow Buddies." The other thing I like about the show is that they tell why different breeds might be good or bad for people to own (such as some not being good with kids, or the ones that need more attention, etc.). Ok, I'm back to looking for what those dogs are. :cool:

:)Barbara

How about Belgian Shepherd Malinois?

Or Carolina Dog (American Dingo)?

Or perhaps just a plain Dingo?

ding, ding, ding, dingo...... I thought I was going to have to play the game myself :wacko:

It's a Carolina dog, or American Dingo or Native American Dog... supposedly the oldest dog in the USA, currently still living wild in the south east. Featured in many Native American paintings.
Known as a primitive dog like the Canaan (and others).

Pretty wild huh? (groan)

You're up, Buck!

Back
Top Bottom