Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This item is much smaller than a can crusher would be, even those little tomato paste cans we were just talking about.... it's more discreet

It appears too small to be a reloading press... The item seems to be only a couple inches long.

Here's a pic of a simple reloading press.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Pod/02/84/26/p028426sq01.jpg

The first thing that came to mind was a bit of toilet hardware... but that was just first impression.

The chain's not heavy enough for it to be a lock of any kind. Looks like it's just there to keep a couple of different parts from wandering off.

I think that the cylinder opens (unscrews or something) and the chain keeps it from going anywhere. There's probably an open space inside that holds whatever it's meant to. The ring is there so you can attach it to something else (like with a padlock).

But of course that's just guesses.

Last edited:
There is indeed a protective casing that comes off and the chain holds it in place.
The ring you see is simply a handle, something to hold onto.
To tell you who would use it would be too much of a clue just yet, but it would not be a gunsmith and it isn't any type of reloading device.
It is an antique and not made anymore, though I'm sure there are other devices around now that fulfill the same purpose.

If you were ever around anyone that was using this..... you probably would not realize it.

I wouldn't say it was commercially used in the normal sense of the word, but it's not really a personal item. Most people would find it a novelty, but to some it would serve a very useful purpose even if only used once in a while. It would be useful while these people did their work or job or assignment....
You could be very close to this person doing their job and not even know it.

LOL My first thought was that you put a secret message in the cylinder and hooked it to a dog's collar to pass on the message. :cool:

:)Barbara

Secret...... now there's a word that bears some thought..... and maybe a suffix.

Nope, not a dog whistle, but it resembles one when open, kinda.

A couple more guesses and I'll post a pic of it without the casing.

OK. I said I would post the whole thing after a few more guesses. Here it is, in all it's splendor. Complete with directional arrows. That probably have something to do with something... ;)
Batter... err, typer up!

Attachments

• gamepic.jpg
    gamepic.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 163
no, no, no.....
It's use is much more discreet, secretive.... dare I say, covert, than a simple key.

And that's all you're gettin' guys.

Back
Top Bottom