Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the significance of this place?

img_560218_0_a46ef87659637550b7a5ccd67c7c3eea.jpg

Good one, Buck.

Looks pretty gnarly in that pic. No wonder he had a bit of errr, trouble there.

Those stone acoustic things reminded me of a display at the Toronto Science Center that I saw many moons ago. They had two, one at each end of a large display room with other items and lots of people milling around. You could whisper into one and the sound would bounce and be received by the other clear as a bell. All without electronics.

Good one, Buck.

Looks pretty gnarly in that pic. No wonder he had a bit of errr, trouble there.

Those stone acoustic things reminded me of a display at the Toronto Science Center that I saw many moons ago. They had two, one at each end of a large display room with other items and lots of people milling around. You could whisper into one and the sound would bounce and be received by the other clear as a bell. All without electronics.

In the Capitol Building in Washington, DC part of the guided tour includes a demonstration of the "sound focusing" effect of the dome. The tour guide directs everyone to stand at one focus point. He then goes to the other focus point and whispers a message. You can hear it as if he was standing next to you.

In the Capitol Building in Washington, DC part of the guided tour includes a demonstration of the "sound focusing" effect of the dome. The tour guide directs everyone to stand at one focus point. He then goes to the other focus point and whispers a message. You can hear it as if he was standing next to you.

I believe that was installed during the Nixon administration..... :rolleyes:

Wow, this 15" monitor isn't going to cut it for that pic.
A box of spaghetti dumped out onto a Google image of the world? During a solar eclipse?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom