Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep! I won a pair of underwear today! True story. :-p

Okay, this will probably be very hard. (Of course, when I say that, someone will have his picture hanging above their mantle and will get it right away!)

Who is this, and what is he known for? He is known for a few things, but I am looking for the thing he invented.

:)Barbara

Attachments

• Whatsit.jpg
    Whatsit.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 52
he's not the inventor of grecian formula 16, that much is certain. :rolleyes:

he looks like my dad, but skinnier.

ok, did he invent me?

LOL at expatgirl (they belonged to Hanes! lol) and BT's Grecian Formula! Maybe he is your long-lost uncle, BT!

No to the guesses so far.

He was a doctor, and what he invented came from the two things he dealt with in his practice. I would be willing to bet that we have all used (and possibly cursed) his invention.

:)Barbara

I'm sorry, Barbara, if I had a clue I'd post but I don't have the remotest idea as to where the other guys go to get their info to guess here.........but am looking forward to the answer as to what this "mild-mannered" looking man was famous for .........

I had hoped there would be more questions.

Clues thus far: He was a doctor, and what he invented came from the two things he dealt with in his practice. From the United States.

New clue: He worked in pediatrics and poison control.

Barbara

Actually, there is something I need to do, and I don't know how long it will take, so I would like to pass this to Andy M or suziquzie, whichever is fastest, lol.

This was Jay Morris Arena. Professor of pediatrics at Duke University Medical School. First director of Duke University Poison Control Center. Invented child-proof safety cap for medicine bottles.

Barbara

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom