Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shoot! I just had another post disappear....
And this one I KNOW posted because I saw I had left the e off of create and decided not to go back in and edit. Weird.....

It was done in the old days, Katie. I thought maybe Buck created his fabric for the chairs the way they originally made fabric.
I have no other idea, I just hope we are in the ballpark.

You're getting warmer, pacanis. However, they have nothing to do with upholstery as I mentioned several posts earlier.

Yeah, I remember the upholstery tacks were a no go. I thought maybe these were used in the fabric making process, not the covering process.

My thinking now is that you use them, not buck......And I think someone already mentioned some kind of hanger and that wasn't it.... hmmmm

Katie, may your kitties think outside the box.........jest kidding......I still need to look up t. hooks. or whatever they're called.......whatever they are we're suppose to open the Windows on drapes, comrades........

pickles, I think that I may have an idea maybe the wrong one, however, but my hubby and computer expert just left for the next 3 days and I am NOT holding up this thread but I hope someone posts the answer soon.......:)

I printed the picture and, using a piece of paper to simulate a wall (or other surface) as well as my imagination, tried to see what it would look like when the sharp end was pounded in with a hammer. All I can think of is that they would hold wires, cables, cords, etc. to keep them out of the way, but since there is already some type of staple that does the same thing, it's probably not that. Although these would look nicer than metal staples.

:)Barbara

The first thing that came to mind was "used to stretch fabric, and temporarily secure it until a permanent attachment is applied."

The striking surface (if you can call it that) is at a 45 degree angle to the penetration axis of the sharp end... You smack it and it tightens whatever you're attaching at the same time it's tacking it down. After using these to temporarily secure stuff all the way around, then you staple (glue, whatever) the fabric in place more permanently, and then remove the temporary attachments.

Yes, Ray. For tiebacks and for such things as "bishop's sleeves," etc. in the world of window treatments. Buck hates them. Says they are designed poorly. I've never had a problem with them and have found all sorts of other uses around the house for them.

Who is this depicted & why is she famous?

Attachments

• guesswho.jpg
    guesswho.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 129
Back
Top Bottom