Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow.. can I have a hint? Maybe as to if its a garage item, a kitchen item, etc?

Looks like the cord is pretty heavy duty, I'm leaning towards something for your sewing.

Is it used in cooking? Does anything wrap around onto the two black rods? I like the idea of the loom that Babetoo suggested. I could see where the loom could make a rug or woven product and the threads come out of the holes. Who knows, Babetoo, you might be right. If so I want one, too. :)

I thought about a loom but it looks a bit too heavy duty for that doesn't it? Wouldnt the holes be lined if it was meant for thread? I think that the threads would weaken if they rubbed against that.

Plus, I don't think those are holes at all. I believe that there is a motor on the bottom of it, and those are just the screws holding it on.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. YT got it--it is the base of a rock tumbler. The one I bought has a 1 gallon barrel that goes on it (and I can get a 1.5 quart barrel as well). We got such a good deal on it! We had had a dispute with someone who cheated us, so ebay gave us a coupon for $200, good on a single item. I had been wanting a good rock tumbler (my daughter had one of the little ones they make for kids, and it worked great) for awhile. The coupon was good for the item and for shipping and insurance, so after the coupon was used, we only had to pay 23 cents!

Ok YT, give us a good one!

:)Barbara

Sounds like a good deal Barb! I used to do that as a kid.. the noise annoyed my parents too much though and they put a stop to it after they bought it.. lol

We kept my daughter's out in the carport! I am really looking forward to using this one. It is a commercial quality one. I am interested in making jewelry (have done some with beads) and would love to use pretty stones for that and for who-knows-what else.

:)Barbara

oh, what a fun hobby----I love jewelry of all sorts esp. stones...........you'll have to post your creations here, Barbs.......I still don't see where the tumbling comes in, however.........what do you put on top.......and Y2 congratulations again........you are definitely the DC guru of anything mechanical here.........I know who I'm coming to to repair a car------jest kidding........guess how much it costs to run a car up and on over a curb (kurb) these days to avoid hitting a dog? yep, $2000 USD---that's what my son did just recently...........such fun...........luckily he wasn't going too fast and we didn't hit any trees..........dog was safe......Honda didn't fare too well......ah, well, good job anyway, Y2

it might be an idea to let someone else have my turn, I`m not feeling very well today and won`t be around to play.

sorry about that.

We need to come up with a rule when this happens......
Something like, it reverts back to the previous picture poster.

Back
Top Bottom