Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL Actually, since I won't be back on here until tomorrow afternoon, I'm fine with you getting it this soon! These are amazing, aren't they?!

Give us a good one. I probably won't see it until after someone else has gotten it!

:)Barbara

OK, I screwed up a little. I meant to get a photo of just the things in the ship. Looking more closely and referring to information on the site where I pulled the pic, in this photo they are actually being transported.

Not sure what to do, I had planned to ask for the location as well, but they're not even at their home location in the photo!

Google found the exact pic on a blog page, but I have scrolled the page three times and can't come up with it. And it's a looong page.
I don't think I am close enough.

Game on?

California, San Francisco Bay , Port of Oakland cranes arrive from China

Nicely done.

I had actually meant to get shots of the previous cranes in the Port of Oakland, the ones that inspired the Star Wars At-Ats. I'm glad you got it though - it was going to be way to easy for anyone from the Bay Area.

I still couldn't find it on that blog page I was on, but they did have a link to the photographer's site who took the pic. Not much of a description of what the cranes are going to be used for, but if it's good enough for you....

OK. This one might have to play out like twenty questions, but it's not too tough if you think like a detective.....;)

What town used to be located in this field?
(sorry for the cell phone pic)

I might be fussier if I hadn't introduced so many errors into the original post.

Here's a shot of one of them about to unload a ship.

It has nothing to do with the civil war, but it is (was) right in that time period.

For that time period it wasn't all that small. Fresh seafood brought in daily, lots of hotels, banks, people coming from all around to work there. Obviously it was in more than that field, but the field held a lot of the major buildings.

Nope, not by the sea, which is what made bringing fresh seafood in daily so unusual, but there was a lot of money in the town.

Not in NY.

was it Boston? dang, I don't know my geography esp. along the eastern seaboard and my atlas isn't handy...born and raised along the Gulf Coast.........Pacanis, is this a memorial site of some kind and/or was there a natural disaster that's precipitated this empty field that may be a memorial of some sort.......looks like a church might have been there or a house............

As much as I'd like to say it used to be the city of Boston..... :ermm::LOL:Just jokin' guys (Bostonians), honest ;)

expat, it's not on the eastern seaboard, it's not a memorial, no natural disaster caused the town to disappear. it was established one year and gone three years later. Worth 2 mil one year, and sold for $4.37 thirteen years later.

Back
Top Bottom