Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Close.
Yes.

It does not have a plunger type action like it would appear, rather, you set it to a particular increment using the numbered part and the set screw.

i wonder, are all grains of gunpowder the same size? what percentage of error is there in loading your own?

i'm guessing the number measures the number of grains, but what if there's smaller particles? wouldn't you get a magnum type load with finer grains?

A grain is an increment of dry measure, not the actual # of grains.
Go visit the Google thread, (lol). You could probably type in 1 grain = ? oz and get an answer.

Now can you come up with this device's use?

I was goin to guess to measure charges charges for a musket or muzzle loader. But if that doesnt qualify under reloading bullets Im going to guess for filling blasting caps.

errr, that does not qualify under reloading bullets, Blood. Totally different procedure.
You may want to guess that.....

after careful consideration i think im going to say it is for measuring charges for a muzzle-loader rifle.

I wouldn't want to have that gun during an altercation:

"Ah, hold on Mr. Thief. I need to get my funnel, grain measuring thingy so I can load me rifle."

after careful consideration i think im going to say it is for measuring charges for a muzzle-loader rifle.

Whew! I'm glad someone said it. Y'all were dancing all around it.
And it has the very technical name of ;) Powder Measure :LOL:

Black powder is a very different type of powder than the powder used for today's bullets. No need to measure near as precise. You take the powder horn, pour the powder in the powder measure (to wherever you have it set at), then pour the charge into the end of the barrel on the muzzleloader. The funnel end on the first pic I posted hinges out of the way to make filling the powder measure more easy, then slides back into place to make pouring the powder down the barrel more easy. This item has the specific use of measuring black powder.
Muzzleloader Powder Measures And Funnels Supplied By, The Possible Shop, Headquarters For Your Muzzleloading & Cowboy Action Supplies

So, you're up, Blood!

What (or where) is this place?

DIG9022_Lourdes_grotto.jpg

Lourdes_Basilica_and_Grotto2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom