Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the historical significance of this tree?

26279-albums186-picture1743.jpg

I just took this picture today, before I even saw Cooksie's post. I find that pretty funny.

What is the name and significance of this tree?

Attachments

• guess.jpg
    guess.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 158
The Angel Oak is a Southern live oak tree located in Angel Oak Park, on Johns Island, South Carolina. It may be the oldest tree east of the Mississippi River

The Angel Oak is property of and maintained by the City of Charleston, South Carolina. The tree could be as old as 1500 years but attempts to age the tree have failed. It stands 65 feet tall and the crown covers an area of 17,000 square feet. Its longest limb is 89 feet long.

The Angel Oak is a Southern live oak tree located in Angel Oak Park, on Johns Island, South Carolina. It may be the oldest tree east of the Mississippi River

The Angel Oak is property of and maintained by the City of Charleston, South Carolina. The tree could be as old as 1500 years but attempts to age the tree have failed. It stands 65 feet tall and the crown covers an area of 17,000 square feet. Its longest limb is 89 feet long.

You are correct, Les. To stand in the presence of this old lady is to be in awe. I was completely blown away by it. I probably took 50 pictures. And to think, for years I drove past this tree at least a dozen times a year, if not more, on the way to and from Seabrook Island. I *will* be back.

Back
Top Bottom